ACT TWO: CHAPTER THREE

"Saafeyah has a child and I think it's not mine

"Saafeyah has a child and I think it's not mine."

Sungwoo had to sit down.

This sort of news so early in the morning hiked up his blood pressure.

"How do you know," the man asked not believing what he was hearing. "There is no way Saafeyah would do that. She is an absolute goody two shoes. She'd never."

Woojin tapped his finger against the table in thought.

Woojin also wanted to believe that to be true but the alternative was worse.

It would be better not to be his child because he if Saafeyah had kept his child from him...

"I don't know what I would do," he finished out loud. "If that is my child and she did something like that... I don't know what I'll do."

"You can't hurt her!"

"What the fuck are you screaming for," Woojin scoffed feeling annoyed. "Of course I'd never hurt her but I don't want to be a deadbeat. It's normal I would be angry."

"What if I look into it? Then you can know."

"Hold off on that. I want to try something else first."
...

Woojin walked through the halls not given a fuck what time of day it was.

The bald man from the day he had given the presentation ran to him. Woojin hadn't bothered to memorise his name neither did he care for the ass licking he was trying to do.

Whilst the man was still talking Woojin rudely interrupted him feeling annoyed.

Why was he talking to him?

"Where is Saafeyah? Go find her right now."
...

And Saafeyah was stressed out.

She had no idea why she was being called to the office. She always thought she did her job well. And she could not afford to get fired.

Saafeyah took a deep breath before walking into her boss' office.

"Woojin?"

She didn't expect to be greeted by Woojin sat in the boss' chair whilst her actual boss fanned him using a book.

The whole scene was not on her bingo cards.

"The air conditioner is broken," he complained. "I feel like this moron is fawning hot hair into my face."

Saafeyah wanted to be but she wasn't shocked that Woojin was speaking like that. She was shocked that her boss instead of defending himself opted to apologise.

"W-Wojin you can't speak like that! It's so rude."

"Oh, is it," he asked sarcastically not really caring. "Give us some space and get out," he spoke to her boss without sparing him a glance.

The man was relieved that man was letting him go. It was absolutely crushing his pride to have to fan the man like an Egyptian prince.

How low he had fallen.

"We need to have a conversation. Come here."

"About what? Why did you come all the way here?"

Saafeyah's heart was beating out of her chest.

And she was getting a bad feeling.

Bad feelings were to be expected when dealing with Woojin though. The man was simply so chaotic and she was always wrapped up in that.

"Saafeyah, come here," he asked again patting his lap.

"We can talk from here..."

Woojin walked to her instead tired of waiting. He wanted to be in her space. Seeing that innocent face up close again made him almost forget they were supposed to have a serious conversation.

"You don't even listen to me anymore," he complained running his thumb across her lips. "But I like the process of teaching you."

Being in this close to him took Saafeyah back to the night they had conceived Taehyun... she had been doing so well but, Woojin just got a reaction out of her.

"Woojin... step back-"

"I saw you with that child yesterday."

Her heart sank to her ass. Why her? Why now?

"I-I told you to go! W-why did you not-"

"Whose child is it," Woojin asked gently holding onto Saafeyah's chin so she gave him eye contact.

Saafeyah's mouth was extremely dry. Her thoughts were racing however, she couldn't think of anything.

She was scared out of her mind right now.

"Are you going to tell me or I'm going to find out by myself? I'd rather you tell me now Saafeyah."

"How... how would you find out," she asked in a small voice. She just wanted to cry and hide under blankets.

"I have my ways but, stop changing the subject. Who is the dad?"

"I've been mom and dad," she joked but felt even more nervous by the fact that Woojin didn't laugh with her.

"Are you scared that I'll do something to you if you answer me?"

She remained quiet but, Woojin could read her like a book. He just always knew what she was thinking.

"Tell me the truth."

"I... I can't," she sniffled feeling tearful. "I don't want to tell you... I think- Woojin I can't."

"What can't you tell me?"

She simply shook her head not being able to get the words out. She felt pathetic just crying instead of just coming out and saying it.

"Okay, please stop crying," Woojin begged softly pulling her to his chest. "I won't make you tell me."

Saafeyah held on to him crying even harder. She would have rather he yelled or threatened her but when he was understanding, she just felt worse.

"I'm not going to be mad if you've been with someone else," he comforted her. "But I'll be angry if you never had an intention of telling me I had a child Saafeyah."

Saafeyah hoped he didn't feel it but at that moment she started shaking.
...

"Are you sure you don't want to give her time for her to tell you?"

"No, find out what happened."