ACT ONE: CHAPTER TWELVE

Woojin found it interesting to just sit and watch how flustered Saafeyah was getting

He made sure to give her no attention to the point where he was almost ignoring her. And the nervous glances she gave him like a drenched puppy made him feel giddy.

Of course it was hard for mates to ignore each other.

But today, there was something different about Saafeyah.

She looked sick to Woojin and he was desperate to ask her if she was okay. But in the back of his mind, he also knew that she didn't want him approaching her at work.

But he was feeling... weird.

He knew she was pretty good at controlling her pheromones but today it was like it was spilling out of her.

But he didn't know if he could smell it more as her mate...

It was driving him crazy because he was starting to feel possessive... could the other alphas smell her too...?

"Hey, Woojin, what are are you doing!?"

"Come here," Woojin demanded simply grabbing Saafeyah's arm.

At this point he didn't care how many people could see or whether she hated it or not.

He closed the door of his office locking the door.

"Why are you so hot? Your pheromones are all over the place as well-"

"I don't know," she whispered with a confused expression. "I- it's not supposed to- it just feels like the whole world is hot."

"Is it a fever," he asked touching her forehead and cheeks. "We need to call a doctor or something."

Woojin almost swooned watching Saafeyah melt into his touch.

"I-I think I'm in heat," she offered closing her eyes.

"What about suppressants?"

"I've been taking them. I don't know why it didn't work."

Woojin sighed.

It probably was his fault. Of course being so close to her mate every day would send her into a heat.

"Okay, just... I'll get you home."

"B-but we agreed-"

"Don't be stubborn right now," he cut the girl off sternly. "Just listen to me."

Woojin called Sangwoo asking him to empty the office corridors within five minutes. He didn't really want anyone smelling his omega.

"Tell me your address," Woojin asked hurrying along the now empty corridors with the panting girl.

But Saafeyah's mind was so blurry that she felt like she was underwater. She couldn't really understand what she was saying...

All she could think about was how much she wanted him to release his pheromones... she really wanted to smell him right now...

"W-what," she muttered holding on to his sleeve. "Woojin... my head is spinning- i-"

Woojin bit the inside of his cheek so hard he tasted blood to stop himself from doing her in the parking lot.
...

On the ride to his house, Saafeyah had lost the ability to be coherent. Woojin had to stop dangerously several times to stop the girl from undressing.

He knew he needed to do the most unethical thing and dig into company employee data... he needed this address.

"I'm hot," Saafeyah repeated for the thousandth time. This time when Woojin turned around, Saafeyah had taken off her shirt and her skirt leaving her in her underwear. Before she could take off her bra, he held her hands by her side.

"Stop Saafeyah," he demanded in a bit of a panic. "Don't take more off, please."

"But... it's too hot."

"I know baby," he reasoned, "but this is enough, hum? You feel cooler now-"

Woojin cursed under his breath from his phone ringing turning his back to answer it. Damn it... he appreciated how fast Sungwoo was but this could have been a message.

He turned around to notice that Saafeyah was no longer in her spot. "Shit," he cursed out loud. "Let me call you back-"

Woojin ran across his whole house calling out to the girl and in moments like this he wondered why a single guy needed such a big house... he searched high and low bursting into his room catching Saafeyah with a bunch of his clothes in her hands.

"What are you doing," he asked out of breath.

"...I'm gonna... make a nest," she mumbled arranging his t shirts on his bed. "Because your clothes smell good."

"Ahhh," he yelled out, "do what you want I'm tired of thinking." He threw himself on the bed watching the girl focused on her task.

"Your pheromones smell comforting,"

"Yeah," he hummed. "They don't make you feel sick? It's too much for some omegas."

"But they smell salty and like the sea... that's not a horrible scent."

After being confined for so long, it was comforting that someone could handle his pheromones without being harmed. Even if it was just vestiges in his clothes.

"What are you hiding from me? I... I feel like you're playing with me..."

Woojin smiled at the question but remained quiet. It's not like he could focus with a barely dressed Saafeyah sprawled out on his clothing.

"Then aren't you having fun?"

Saafeyah frowned feeling too drained to go along with him right now.

"You're so confusing."

"I know that," he agreed lying beside her. Woojin didn't know if it was his pheromones but he just had the urge to touch her.

So he did... he softly caressed her cheek. In that moment they both just laid there looking at each other's eyes.

It was like time stood still.

Woojin slowly connected his lips to Saafeyah connecting their lips softly. They moved in synch not wanting the moment to end.

Saafeyah straddled Woojin leaning down to continue their kiss.

"Why do you never release your pheromones?"

Drunken on the woman on top of him and her pheromones, Woojin something honest. Something he didn't often do.

"Because it pisses me off you forgot me so easily."