ACT TWO: CHAPTER TWO

It was only a few minutes before his speech started but Woojin desperately needed the toilet

It was only a few minutes before his speech started but Woojin desperately needed the toilet. So he excused himself.

Leaving the toilet he wandered along the empty corridors trying to find the auditorium. He called out to the woman cleaning the corridors

"Excuse me, do you know where the auditorium is?"

"Yes, it's-"

But the words didn't quite leave Saafeyah's throat when she turned around to be faced with Woojin.

"Saafeyah!"

"Woojin!"

The two stood speechless staring at one another.

It was a moment of disbelief for both.

Some mates never met one another but here was destiny not leaving them alone.

"It's been a while... how are you?"

It was so awkward but Woojin couldn't bring himself to leave without saying anything.

"Good," Saafeyah replied feeling anxious to see him. "And you?"

"I'm good."

"So... you work here," Woojin asked feeling annoyed by the silence between them. She was his mate but every time they reconnected, it was so awkward.

"Yeah I do," she blushed. She hated it that Woojin had caught her working as a cleaner. She didn't care that she was one because the job was taking care of her child but, she hated that he knew.

And Woojin hated seeing her hold a mop.

"Woojin," Sungwoo whisper yelled, "we're waiting for you."

Saafeyah thought she was saved by the bell... and that reminded her of how naive she still was.

She was dealing with Woojin.

"Saafeyah, we need to talk," Woojin spoke out loud before whispering something into her ear that made her blush.

"I'm really gonna spank you for leaving like that."
...

"Was the girl you were talking to, your mate?"

"Yeah, it was Saafeyah," Woojin answered simply still focused on the documents in front of him.

"What was running through your mind dude? It's been so long... you must have missed her."

"Just... I wanted to hug her and apologise but also, fuck her through a mattress for leaving like that."

"Oh... how lovely," Sungwoo grimaced. "What a great choice of words."

"She better get ready. I've had enough of this cat and mouse game."

He wanted his mate.

Maybe he was a bit toxic... but as far as he was concerned, he was back in business. And if she had to clean house, she had better get on with it before it came to Woojin.
...

Saafeyah put on her normal clothes trying to hurry.

She was going to be late picking up her pumpkin pie and that was the worst. Other parents were on time every single day and she hated that sometimes she was not.

Plus her workplace was an hour from his school by public transport.

She hated her life right now.

"Where are you going?"

Saafeyah did not have time to entertain Woojin right now.

But Woojin had time to annoy the already irritated woman.

"I'm talking to you ma'am. Why are you being mean? Is it because you miss me," he asked blocking her path making her sigh.

Saafeyah did miss him... but right now she was in mummy mode and her little chicken was going to have to watch everyone leave whilst he stayed there...

"I'm not," she answered quickly, "I just really have to be somewhere-"

"Where am I taking you then," he asked already opening the doors to his car.

"O-oh no, I can go by myself. Thank you th-"

"What? You're meeting a boyfriend or something," he asked giving her a look. The look that made Saafeyah's panties soaked even in such a situation.

He was just so... possessive. And she enjoyed that about him for the weirdest reason.

"W-what?! Of course not," she denied blushing. "I don't have anyone like that!"

"Then stop making a fuss and get in. You were in a hurry right?"
...

"How have you been," he broke the silence glancing at her.

"I've been good, just busy," she answered honestly. "And you?"

"I've been good too, just busy," he answered mirroring her response. That made her smile a bit.

They feel into a silence but there was so much more they both wanted to say. Saafeyah bit her lip to stop herself from spilling all her thoughts.

But she... couldn't help it.

"W-... I-... it's been a long time..."

"Five years. I missed you."

He had always been honest and blunt but, Saafeyah wasn't expecting it.

"You're just saying that... You just want to mess everything up again and... make me confused," she muttered resting her head against the window. "I'm not falling for you again, ever."

"And I don't care about any of that. I want you. You're not allowed out if my sight again, ever."

Saafeyah had more to say but she saw them pulling up to the parking lot of Taehyun's school. Saafeyah saw the strange look Woojin gave her but was glad he remained silent.

"Woojin... would you forgive me if I had kept something really big from you?"

"Yes," he replied with no hesitation

The words were right there but she felt clammy. Her throat felt dry and she felt surprisingly suffocated looking at his eyes.

Because this time she was the one with the secret.

"I don't need a ride back," she chickened out instead saying something else. "Thank you for getting me here so fast-"

Woojin reached across momentarily preventing her from opening the door. "Were you going to say something else?"

Saafeyah wanted to say it.

But she was scared of how he was going to react.

"No," she shook her head softly. "Have a safe journey home."

Once Saafeyah was out of the car, Woojin sat there. He watched the entrance as many kids left with their parents. Because something in his spirit told him to sit there.

And contrary to popular belief, there was no one he trusted more than himself and his intuition.

So he watched and watched-

"Is that... whose kid is that?"

Woojin watched in disbelief as Saafeyah walked through the entrance holding a child's hands. She smiled brightly looking at the child.

He was just in shock and he didn't have a good feeling about it.

He tried to get a better look of the child but he just couldn't see from this far away. He debated getting out and chasing her but, she was with a kid.