ACT TWO: CHAPTER FIVE

Saafeyah wanted to know who she had upset in her previous life

Even being in this car with a driver, melting into the comfortable seats she couldn't calm down.

Because she was on her way to Woojin.

She had been so anxious, she had dropped Taehyun's cereal bowl. The boy was startled and kept asking his mother if she was okay the whole way to school.

Saafeyah just couldn't believe this was all happening to her.
...

"W-What's all this?"

Saafeyah stood by the entrance of the large living room feeling even more anxious than when she had been in the car.

She didn't understand why all these people were here. All in formal wear whilst Woojin sat on an armchair with a hot drink.

She was extremely overwhelmed.

"They're my legal team, have a seat."

Saafeyah was a shy timid person but the hearing that he had a legal team made her feel like she had to be on the defence.

Yes she had made a mistake but, what was Woojin trying to do?

Take her child?

Saafeyah wasn't going to accept that at all.

"A legal team? What for? Woojin-"

"They're just here to mediate," he calmly explained. "If any of us is unreasonable then they can get in between."

Saafeyah sat in the armchair next to Woojin still feeling intimidated and on edge about the situation.

"You don't need to be guarded. Ms Rodrigues, bring the cake and tea that I requested for Saafeyah."
...

The cake and tea were delicious.

The conversations were sour.

"This is what we have so far in terms of assets for yourself and Taehyun," one of the advisors informed Saafeyah handing her a tablet. "If you scroll you can see everything we managed to do. Mr Baek has requested more but I know you appreciate that the time frame was short Ms Kiala."

Saafeyah scrolled through the document gasping at the numbers, houses and business that had Taehyun's name attached. She herself didn't know how but she was now an owner of a Maldives villa.

A place she could never afford to go.

"Why are you giving me stuff," she asked putting the tablet on the table. "Taehyun is your child. I'm not-"

"You're the mother of my child, how would it be right for me not to give you anything?"

"But... you didn't have to."

"Beyond being the mother of my child, you're also my omega. Do you think I wouldn't take care of you?"

Saafeyah and Woojin looked at each other for what seemed like the first time that day.

It was hard for him to be angry with her when he could tell she was so stressed and nervous.

"Sir next we should discuss the schooling issue?"

"What schooling issue," Saafeyah asked slightly giving Woojin a look. "Taehyun likes his school."

"Ms Kiala it's just that Mr Baek thinks there are more appropriate schools for the young master. He suggested we look at private schools-"

"He's not changing schools and that's final."

Saafeyah knew that he would try doing something like this. It was Woojin to come and try and change everything.

"It's not final Saafeyah. He's my son as well, I want to make decisions as well."

"You can't just come and change everything," she argued back. "It's the middle of the school year, have you thought how that will affect him?"

"Please, maybe we could-"

"Don't get involved in matters concerning my child," Saafeyah snapped at the advisor. "I've been raising him all along-"

"All of you, get out."

The coldness in Woojin's voice sent a chill down Saafeyah's spine.

"He's our child, not just yours."

"I know but, this is a lot. I thought... it could be just us not all these people..."

"So if there's no one to mediate should I just accept that you don't want to do anything I suggest for Taehyun?"

"You're making it something it's not," Saafeyah expressed feeling frustrated. "You don't understand."

Saafeyah stood up ready to leave the room and conversation but, instead was stopped in her tracks by Woojin gently grabbing her arm.

"I'm really trying to be patient when I'm angry about this whole thing Saafeyah. So stop walking away from me and actually help me understand what you want."

"I don't want you to involve all these people when it comes to Taehyun... we're the parents... can't we just decide us two?"

Plus having so many people in the room intimidated it.

"Okay," Woojin accepted. "So next semester Taehyun can start private school, right?"

"But... he-"

Woojin interrupted Saafeyah by kissing her.

The action took her by surprise but she couldn't help responding to the kiss. Saafeyah wrapped her arms Woojin's shoulder wanting to be closer to him. And Woojin's hands cupped her ass... the baby weight did exactly what it was meant to do.

"You telling me no so often is driving me crazy... Just do what I say, okay?"

Saafeyah felt conflicted.

Of course it was ingrained in her to listen to Woojin but, she was scared of going down any road with him.

He had lied to her before.

"Don't overthink," he told her trying to soothe her worries. "I'm not going to let you or Taehyun down, I promise."

"I don't know if I can trust you," she admitted closing her eyes.

"You can," he assured trailing kisses up her neck. "It's not like that anymore. I'm not going to mess up."

"But-"

"I'm not going to let the two of you down."