ACT TWO: CHAPTER ONE

- FIVE YEARS LATER -

"Miss Kiala, you missed a spot," one of the office workers called out pointing to the floor.

Saafeyah held in her pride and smiled thanking the person cleaning the spot again. Getting a job had been hard and because she quit so abruptly, other firms didn't want to hire her as a programmer.

She would never ask for a recommendation either.

So she was currently working as a cleaner at an office building.

She had a lot to take care of now. She couldn't afford to be picky or be without a job.

It wasn't just her depending on her earnings.
...

"Mwmmyyyy!!!"

Saafeyah crouched down hugging the excited boy. She peppered kisses all over his face glad to see her him.

She counted down the seconds at work just waiting to see her baby.

Soon after she left Woojin, she had found out she was pregnant.

It was a scary time for Saafeyah.

She was alone with no support in a new city. She had barely gotten a job that would accept a pregnant woman. And her new apartment was tiny.

She knew, she had to consider all her options and she had. She had decided to give up her baby for adoption really uncertain of whether she could take care of him. And she could not bring herself to ask Woojin for support... she didn't want to be swept up in his world, his lies, his body, his face, his voice, everything. She was determined to leave him behind.

However the moment her son was born, Taehyun had become her world.

She couldn't let him go.

He was her family. The only person she had in the world. And he needed her.

It was a struggle but she was proud of how she had raised the five year old so far. He was smart, kind and well-mannered and her best friend.

And he looked so much like his father... it was bittersweet for her. Looking at their child, it became apparent to her that not recognising Woojin and Woohyun as the same person was just the blondest moment she had.

"What should we eat tonight, chicken," she asked the child happily skipping as he giggled at his nickname. "Mommy will make you anything."

"Ummmm," he thought hard furrowing his brows, "maybe rwice mummy."

"Rice sounds amazing baby," she giggled.

Saafeyah started thinking about the different rice dishes she could make her little star.
...

Saafeyah hummed along to herself washing the dishes.

Taehyun was in bed, bathed and in his favourite Shin Chan pyjamas all by eight thirty. She was so proud that he wasn't a child that gave her trouble.

He was also rarely bratty so she just thought she lucked out on her first baby.

Saafeyah hated that in moments like this when it was quiet, her mind wandered... and it led her to think about Woojin. She thought about what it would have been like if everything had gone a different way.

She had regrets and one of them was keeping Woojin in the dark. Every day, the anxiety grew more and more because she was keeping him from his child.

But she was scared of what he would do. It had been a few years but she didn't know if he was the type to run hot and act or to run cold and talk it out.

Plus, Woojin was a private person. So there was no way to know how things had changed for her.

So even with the guilt, Saafeyah continued with her life. Even if she knew she was in love with him, Saafeyah didn't think she would ever seek him.
...

"Sungwoo, what do we have after the speech?"

"We have a bit of a Q&A sir and then, a tour of the facilities. Your schedule is clear-"

"No," he shook his head. "We'll drive back to the office so I can organise my trip to China."

Sungwoo was worried about his boss. "You can rest for one night-"

"I'm fine Sungwoo," Woojin cut him off continuing to focus on amending his speech. His tone carried enough of a warning for Sungwoo to know he had to drop it.

In the last five years, Woojin had gotten richer, colder and busier. He made sure his schedule was so full he had no time to even think about Saafeyah.

He didn't want to think about her.

He realised that he was childish and stupid. He was doing what he wanted to do... he got to hold her in his arms. He got to kiss her. He got to make her smile.

And she looked at him. Not the made up person... she was always looking at him.

He should have just told her and made it right. And he knew it was stupid but even in this moment, the only reason he hadn't gone and looked for her was his pride.

As stupid as it was, he had a lot of pride.
...
But destiny had a funny way of working.

And no one knew that better than Woojin and Saafeyah.