Introduction of Hogwarts

A/N: Sorry If it sounds cringe just wait patience is key!

As the Hogwarts Express pulled into Hogsmeade Station, Y/N's heart raced with anticipation. The towering turrets of Hogwarts Castle loomed in the distance, silhouetted against the twilight sky. The first-years were ushered into small boats that glided across the Black Lake, the castle growing larger and more imposing with each stroke of the oar.

Hermione, who had befriended Y/N on the train, explained eagerly about the wonders awaiting them at Hogwarts—the moving staircases, the enchanted ceiling of the Great Hall, and the ghosts that roamed the corridors. Y/N listened with wide eyes, her imagination soaring as they approached the castle's massive oak doors.

Outside the Great Hall, Y/N stood nervously among the first-years, her heart racing with anticipation. The buzz of excitement filled the air as Professor McGonagall led them forward one by one to be Sorted into their respective houses. Y/N caught glimpses of familiar faces from the train—Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley—who had quickly become her friends during their journey to Hogwarts.

As they waited, Draco Malfoy sauntered over with a confident smirk on his face. His gaze swept over Harry, Ron, and Hermione with thinly veiled disdain. "Well, well, well," Draco drawled, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "If it isn't the famous Harry Potter, the know-it-all Hermione Granger, and the loyal sidekick, Ron Weasley."

Harry exchanged a wary glance with Ron, while Hermione met Draco's gaze with a cool stare. Y/N shifted uncomfortably under Draco's scrutiny, sensing the tension crackling in the air.

"And who might you be?" Draco finally turned his attention to Y/N, his voice laced with condescension.

Y/N met Draco's gaze evenly, refusing to be intimidated. "Y/N," she replied with a touch of defiance, folding her arms across her chest.

Draco's smirk widened slightly. "Y/N," he repeated mockingly as if testing the name on his tongue. "A pleasure, I'm sure."

Before Y/N could respond, Professor McGonagall ushered them into the Great Hall. The Sorting Hat awaited them on a stool, its brim twitching as if eager to begin. Y/N watched with bated breath as Harry, Ron, and Hermione were Sorted into Gryffindor one after the other, greeted with cheers and applause from their new housemates.

When Y/N's turn came, she sat nervously on the stool, feeling the weight of everyone's expectations upon her. The Sorting Hat settled over her head, its voice whispering in her ear. It sensed her bravery, her wit, and her determination, but it also felt a lingering sense of ambition and cunning.

Draco observed with interest as the Sorting Hat deliberated. He knew of Y/N's encounter with Harry, Ron, and Hermione on the train, and he couldn't deny the spark of curiosity about the new girl who seemed unafraid to challenge him.

"Slytherin!" the Sorting Hat finally declared, its voice echoing throughout the Great Hall.

Y/N's heart sank slightly as she made her way to the Slytherin table, aware of Draco's approving smirk from across the room. She took her seat among her new housemates, feeling a mix of disappointment and determination. She would prove herself, no matter the house she had been sorted into.

Draco, meanwhile, joined his fellow Slytherins with an air of satisfaction. The Sorting Hat's hesitation between Gryffindor and Slytherin had not gone unnoticed by the Gryffindors. Hermione exchanged a surprised glance with Harry and Ron, her brow furrowing slightly at the unexpected turn of events.

Ron nudged Harry with a grin. "Looks like Malfoy got what he wanted," he whispered, nodding towards Draco who was now sneering at the Gryffindor table.

Harry shrugged, his eyes lingering on Y/N sitting among the Slytherins. "I wonder..." he started but was cut off by the Headmaster's welcoming speech, signaling the start of their magical journey at Hogwarts.