Shattered Reflections

A/N: This chapter may not be everyone's favorite but I hope it's okay-ish it's somewhat boring ngl. 

Pansy Parkinson, Y/N's roommate, was sitting on her bed, flipping through a wizarding fashion magazine. She glanced up as Y/N entered, her usual aloof expression softening at the sight of Y/N's distress. "Y/N? Are you okay?" Pansy asked, her tone laced with genuine concern.

Y/N didn't respond immediately, but her tear-streaked face spoke volumes. She walked over to her bed and sat down heavily, burying her face in her hands. After a moment, she looked up at Pansy, her voice cracking with emotion. "Draco... he's just... he said such awful things," Y/N managed to say, her voice trembling.

Pansy's brow furrowed slightly, concern deepening. She set aside her magazine and moved closer to Y/N, sitting beside her on the bed. "What did he say?" Pansy asked softly, her usually sharp demeanor softened by Y/N's distress.

"He... he called me a liability," Y/N choked out, her voice barely above a whisper. "Said no one takes Slytherin seriously with me around."

Pansy's expression hardened momentarily, a flicker of annoyance crossing her features. She knew Y/N and Draco had a complicated relationship, marked by their rivalry and animosity. Despite her own feelings for Draco, she couldn't stand seeing Y/N upset. "He's just bitter," Pansy replied firmly, her voice tinged with sympathy. "You know how he can be."

Y/N nodded, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. "I know, but... it still hurts," she admitted, her voice wavering.

Pansy placed a comforting hand on Y/N's shoulder. "I understand, Y/N. He has a way of getting under your skin," she said gently. "But don't let his words get to you. You're strong, and you know your worth."

Y/N managed a weak smile, touched by Pansy's support. "Thank you, Pansy," she said quietly, feeling a bit lighter with each passing moment.

Pansy smiled back, a rare gesture of warmth from her. "Anytime, Y/N. We may not always see eye to eye, but I'm here for you."

Feeling a sense of relief wash over her, Y/N nodded gratefully. She realized that maybe, despite their differences and the complexities of her rivalry with Draco, Pansy could be a true friend in unexpected ways.