Midnight Conflicts

The corridors of Hogwarts were quiet and dimly lit as Draco Malfoy and Y/N Y/L/N walked towards the Slytherin common room. They had just left the aftermath of their midnight adventure with Hagrid and were both tense with unspoken tension.

"Why did you have to go running to McGonagall?" Y/N's voice was sharp, accusing.

Draco glanced sideways at Y/N, his expression guarded. "What did you expect me to do? Let you get away with breaking the rules?"

"You could've kept quiet," Y/N retorted, frustration evident in their voice. "We weren't doing anything wrong."

Draco scoffed. "Tell that to McGonagall."

Y/N frowned, the argument going nowhere. They took a deep breath, trying to calm down before speaking again. "Why were you even watching us, Malfoy? Why are you always stalking around like you own the place?"

Draco stopped walking, turning to face Y/N with a hint of defiance in his eyes. "I wasn't stalking. I happened to be passing by and saw you lot sneaking out. Thought I'd do the right thing and report it."

Y/N raised an eyebrow skeptically, not entirely convinced by his explanation. "You just happened to be passing by? In the middle of the night, near Hagrid's hut?"

Draco's jaw tightened, his gaze flickering away briefly. "Look, I don't owe you any explanations."

Y/N sighed, frustration mounting at Draco's evasiveness. "Fine. Just know this, Malfoy. You might think you're playing by the rules, but not everyone does. And sometimes, breaking them is the only way to find out the truth."

Draco narrowed his eyes, a fleeting expression of uncertainty crossing his features before he turned and resumed walking towards the Slytherin common room. Y/N watched him go, her mind swirling with conflicting thoughts and emotions.