Aurelia Greaves

A/N: Ok I know quartet sounds bad, but I didn't know what else to say... Sorry for the long chapter.

In the Transfiguration class the next day, Professor McGonagall stood at the front of the room, her eyes scanning the students as they settled into their seats.

"Could I have your attention, please?" she said, her voice firm yet calm. "Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets." She gestured to a bird perched on a post beside her. "Like so." With a wave of her wand, she chanted, "One, two, three, Vera Verto," and the bird magically transformed into a perfectly formed goblet. The students watched in awe.

"Now it's your turn," she continued, looking around the room. "Who would like to go first?"

Ron, sitting with Harry on one side and Y/N and Hermione on the other, was the first to volunteer. He nervously raised his hand. "Ah! Mr. Weasley," McGonagall said, walking over to him. "One, two, three, Vera Verto."

Ron tapped his wand towards Scabbers, his pet rat, muttering the incantation. "Ahem! Vera Verto." To his dismay, the spell turned Scabbers into a furry goblet with a tail that wiggled and squeaked. Harry and some of the other students snickered at the sight, but Y/N, sitting next to Hermione, gave Ron an encouraging smile.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley," McGonagall said as Ron picked up the Scabbers-goblet, clearly embarrassed. Hermione raised her hand.

"Yes, Ms. Granger?" McGonagall asked, her gaze shifting to Hermione.

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets," Hermione asked, her voice filled with curiosity.

Draco Malfoy, seated a few rows away, shot Hermione a surprised look.

"Very well," McGonagall said, glancing around the classroom. "Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."

Ron turned to Harry, whispering, "Three guesses who."

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts," McGonagall continued. "He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods." Hermione and Draco exchanged glares. "Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. According to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. He sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The Heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within, purging the school of those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

Hermione's face paled. "Muggle-borns," she said, as Professor McGonagall nodded.

"Well, naturally, the school has been searched many times. No such Chamber has been found," McGonagall said, returning to her desk.

"Professor," Y/n asked, raising her hand, "what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?"

McGonagall's expression grew serious. "The Chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster." Hermione shivered at these words, and Ron turned to glance at Draco, who wore a smug grin.

As the class ended, Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked down the corridor, Y/N joining them. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle followed behind, their presence looming.

"Do you think it's true?" Ron asked. "Do you really think there is a Chamber of Secrets?"

"Yes," Hermione replied. "Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are."

"If there really is a Chamber of Secrets," Harry said, glancing back at Draco and his cronies, "and it really has been opened, then that means..."

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts," Hermione finished, her voice tense. "The question is, who is it?"

Ron looked at Draco, who was now walking ahead with Goyle, Crabbe trailing behind. "Let's think..." he said. "Who do we know who thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?"

"If you're talking about Malfoy..." Hermione started, but Y/N cut in.

"Malfoy's family has a long history in Slytherin," Y/N said, her tone thoughtful. "It would make sense if he had some connection to the Heir."

Ron nodded, "Crabbe and Goyle must know something. Maybe we could trick them into telling."

Hermione shook her head. "Even they aren't that thick. But there might be another way. It'll be difficult, breaking fifty school rules, and it will be dangerous, very dangerous."

Y/N looked at Hermione with a determined expression. "Whatever it is, we need to find out. We can't just sit around and wait for the next attack."

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Y/N continued down the corridor, their minds buzzing with the gravity of what they had learned. The weight of the mystery ahead seemed even heavier as they approached the grand staircase.

As they walked down the corridor, Y/N's mind raced with possibilities. She suddenly stopped, causing Harry, Ron, and Hermione to turn and look at her, puzzled.

"What if we don't need to break the rules?" Y/N said, her voice carrying a note of cautious optimism.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione exchanged confused glances.

Y/N continued, her eyes bright with determination. "Since I'm a Slytherin, I can get close to Malfoy. I could spy on him or even ask him directly. He's arrogant and not particularly perceptive—he probably wouldn't even notice if I were tricking him. We might be able to get some useful information without having to sneak around or break any school rules."

Ron looked intrigued. "You think Malfoy will just spill the beans?"

"I'm betting he's too full of himself to realize what's happening," Y/N said with a small, confident smile. "If anyone can get him to talk, it's me. He's not as clever as he thinks he is."

Hermione nodded thoughtfully. "It's a good idea. And it would keep us from doing anything too reckless."

Harry smiled, feeling a glimmer of hope. "Let's give it a try then. But remember, Y/N, be careful. Malfoy can be more dangerous than he seems."

With renewed determination, the group continued down the corridor, their minds buzzing with the potential of Y/N's plan. The mystery of the Chamber of Secrets had just become a little more within their grasp.