The Last Barrier

A/N: Promise the first year is almost over!

As Harry and Y/N rushed up the stairs, a chilling voice echoed through the chamber. Voldemort's command was clear and menacing. "Stop him!"

Suddenly, the walls around them ignited with blazing flames, creating an impassable barrier. Harry and Y/N were trapped in the room, the heat intensifying.

Y/N's eyes widened in horror. "We're trapped!"

Harry, his face set with determination, glared at Voldemort. "Never! I will never join you!"

Voldemort's voice was cold and taunting. "Haha. Bravery. Your parents had it too. Tell me, Harry, would you like to see your mother and father again?" As he spoke, the Mirror of Erised flickered to life, showing reflections of James and Lily Potter, looking as if they were reaching out to Harry.

Harry's breath caught. "No..."

"All I ask for is something in return." Voldemort's voice was smooth and insidious. "That's it, Harry. There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it. Together, we'll do extraordinary things. Just give me the Stone!"

Harry, his heart pounding, took the Stone from his pocket and held it tightly. "You liar!"

"Kill him!" Voldemort's command was filled with rage.

Quirrell, under Voldemort's control, soared into the air and grabbed Harry by the throat. They tumbled down the steps, the Stone slipping from Harry's grasp. Quirrell choked Harry, who struggled to breathe and weakly clawed at Quirrell's hand.

Y/N, her heart racing, watched in horror. She realized what Harry had done before—his "magical touch" that had caused Quirrell pain. Determined to help, she took a deep breath and reached out, placing her hand on Quirrell's arm where Harry had touched.

As soon as Y/N's hand made contact, smoke began to curl around Quirrell's arm. Quirrell recoiled, his face contorted in agony. "Ahh! Ahh!" he cried out, backing away from Harry. His hand was turning to ash and dust, disintegrating before their eyes.

"What is this magic?" Quirrell exclaimed, his voice filled with fear as his hand crumbled away.

"Fool, get the Stone!" Voldemort's voice was filled with frustration.

Quirrell stumbled forward, but as Harry struggled, he touched his own face, and the same burning magic began to affect Quirrell. Quirrell's face screamed in pain, and Voldemort winced. Quirrell's body began to disintegrate further, turning to ash and dust as he fell to the floor, leaving only his clothing behind.

Harry gasped, his hands shaking as he picked up the Stone. He sighed with relief, but the danger was far from over. A swirling cloud of dust, remnants of Quirrell's body, began to form behind him. The dust coalesced into Voldemort's ghastly face, screaming and rushing toward Harry.

"Harry!" Y/N shouted, but it was too late. The dust cloud rushed through Harry, who screamed in pain as Voldemort's face passed through him. The force of the attack was overwhelming, and Harry collapsed to the ground, unconscious, still clutching the Stone in an outstretched hand.

Y/N, horrified but resolute, hurried to Harry's side. She quickly scanned their surroundings, her mind racing. She knew she had to protect Harry and ensure they survived.

"Harry, wake up!" Y/N pleaded, gently shaking him. She glanced at the Mirror of Erised and then back at Voldemort's dissipating form, feeling the weight of their desperate situation. Her hand touched Harry's, trying to draw on the same protective magic she had used against Quirrell.

As Voldemort's presence faded, the room fell into a tense silence. Y/N, her face streaked with sweat and fear, continued to shake Harry gently. "Come on, Harry, you have to wake up. We need to get out of here."

Harry's eyelids fluttered, and he stirred slightly. His grip on the Stone remained firm. Y/N let out a sigh of relief, hoping that Harry would regain consciousness soon. The danger was not yet over, and their next steps would be crucial in ensuring their safety.