Wizards' War of Words

A/N: So I decided I'm posting every day. I don't know if that is a bad idea, but considering it is July 4th and I am working on July 8th writings I think I am good for now we will see though! 

The following days at Hogwarts were tense for Y/N. The incident with the troll had brought unwanted attention, and whispers followed her everywhere she went. Slytherin's house was divided—some admired her courage, while others questioned her loyalty to their house values.

One afternoon, as Y/N made her way through the corridors, she spotted Draco Malfoy and his cronies, Crabbe and Goyle, up ahead. She debated turning around but pushed on, determined not to let them intimidate her.

"Y/L/N," Draco's voice cut through the air like ice. Y/N halted, feeling a surge of frustration and apprehension.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" she snapped, turning to face him with a defiant glare.

Draco's lip curled into a sneer, his grey eyes flashing with disdain. "Just curious how someone like you managed to get into Slytherin," he drawled, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "You're a disgrace. A Mudblood like you doesn't belong anywhere near Slytherin."

Y/N clenched her fists, her jaw tight with anger. The slur hit deep, stoking the embers of fury within her. "You're the disgrace, Malfoy," she shot back, her voice trembling with suppressed rage. "Pureblood doesn't make you better than anyone else."

Draco's cronies snickered behind him, Goyle nudging Crabbe as they enjoyed the confrontation unfolding before them.

"Believe what you want, Y/L/N," Draco retorted coolly, taking a step closer until he was mere inches from Y/N's face. "But mark my words, you'll never fit in here."

Before Y/N could respond, Hermione Granger's voice echoed down the corridor. "Leave her alone, Malfoy!"

Hermione stood a few paces away, her eyes blazing with indignation. Ron and Harry flanked her, their expressions guarded but ready to intervene if needed.

Draco's gaze flicked from Y/N to Hermione, his smirk widening. "Always defending the helpless, Granger?" he taunted, his voice mocking.

Hermione's fists clenched at her sides, her chest rising with anger. "Someone has to stand up to bullies like you," she shot back, her voice steady despite the tension.

Y/N felt a rush of gratitude towards Hermione but remained focused on Draco, her eyes locked with his in a silent battle of wills.

"Let's go, Draco," Crabbe mumbled nervously, sensing the rising tension.

Draco held Y/N's gaze for a moment longer before finally turning away with a dismissive wave. "This isn't over, Y/L/N," he muttered under his breath as he walked away, his cronies trailing behind him.

Y/N exhaled deeply, her shoulders slumping with relief as the tension dissolved. She turned to Hermione, offering a grateful smile. "Thanks for that," she said quietly.

Hermione nodded, her expression softening. "Don't let him get to you," she advised, her voice gentle yet firm.

Ron clapped Y/N on the shoulder with a grin. "Nice one, standing up to old Draco like that," he praised, trying to lighten the mood.

Harry nodded in agreement. "We've got your back, Y/N," he reassured her, his green eyes reflecting sincerity.

As they continued down the corridor together, Y/N felt a sense of camaraderie with her new friends. Despite the challenges ahead, she knew she wasn't alone in facing them.