Through the Flames of Destiny

A/N: Last two chapters of this year!! So ready for the third year.

Harry's eyes fluttered open, and he groaned, his vision blurred. Y/N's worried face was the first thing he saw. She looked relieved and exhausted.

"Harry, you're awake!" Y/N said, her voice a mix of relief and urgency. "We need to get out of here."

Harry blinked, trying to clear his head. "The Stone—"

"It's safe. Dumbledore needs it," Y/N interrupted, quickly helping him to his feet. "We have to move."

With Y/N's support, Harry stood up, his legs shaky but functional. They made their way out of the chamber, the intense heat of the fire now behind them. The corridor they entered was cold and dark, a stark contrast to the inferno they had just escaped.

"We should be safe now," Y/N said, glancing back at the darkened hallway. "The fire was only in that room."

Harry nodded, wincing as he put weight on his feet. "We need to get to the hospital wing. Dumbledore will be there."

The two of them hurried through the winding corridors of Hogwarts, their steps echoing in the empty hallways. The castle felt unusually quiet, as if holding its breath after the chaos.

As they approached the familiar doors of the hospital wing, Y/N pushed them open. The room was bathed in the soft light of early morning, and Madam Pomfrey looked up from her desk with a startled expression.

"Madam Pomfrey!" Y/N called out. "We need help!"

Madam Pomfrey's eyes widened at the sight of Harry and Y/N. She rushed over, her expression a mix of concern and professionalism. "What happened? Are you two alright?"

"We've had an ordeal," Y/N explained hurriedly. "We need to see Professor Dumbledore. He's supposed to be here."

Madam Pomfrey nodded and quickly summoned Dumbledore, who arrived shortly. His eyes were filled with both concern and curiosity as he took in the scene.

"Harry, Y/N," Dumbledore said, his voice calm and reassuring. "What has transpired?"

Harry and Y/N, still catching their breath, recounted the events of their ordeal. Dumbledore listened intently, his eyes occasionally glancing at the Philosopher's Stone that Harry still clutched tightly.

"I see," Dumbledore said once they finished. He took the Stone from Harry with a solemn nod. "You've done well to retrieve it and ensure it is safe. I will take care of it from here."

As Dumbledore took the Stone, Madam Pomfrey began to tend to Harry and Y/N's injuries. Just then, Hermione looked up from her seat next to Ron's bed. Ron was lying in bed, looking pale but stable, while Hermione sat by his side, worry etched on her face.

"Harry! Y/N!" Hermione exclaimed, rushing over to their beds. Her face showed a mixture of relief and concern. "What happened? Are you two alright?"

Ron, overhearing the commotion, stirred slightly and looked over at them. "Did I hear right? You two are okay?"

Y/N nodded, giving Hermione a grateful smile. "We're okay, just exhausted. We managed to get through it, but it was close."

Hermione's eyes widened as she took in their disheveled appearances. "You must have been through so much. What happened down there?"

Harry, wincing slightly, began to recount their encounter with Voldemort and Quirrell, detailing their struggle and how they managed to retrieve the Stone.

"Blimey, that sounds intense," Ron said, his voice hoarse. "I wish I could have been there to help."

"You did help, Ron," Y/N said softly. "Without your bravery earlier, we might not have made it out. And Hermione, thank you for being here for Ron."

Hermione, her eyes misty with relief, nodded. "We're just glad you're both safe. It's been a rough night, but it seems like everything is going to be okay."

Dumbledore, having listened to the exchange, approached them. "I am very proud of all of you. Your courage and quick thinking have saved lives. For now, rest and recover. The answers to many questions will come in time."

Madam Pomfrey returned with a tray of calming potions and began administering them to Harry and Y/N. The warmth and comfort of the hospital wing provided a stark contrast to the cold, dark corridors they had just traversed.

As Harry and Y/N settled into their beds, Hermione and Ron remained close by, providing comfort and support. Hermione took Ron's hand, and Ron managed a weak smile.

"We've got a lot to talk about," Hermione said quietly, glancing between Harry and Y/N. "But for now, let's just be thankful that everyone's okay."

With their friends by their side and the immediate danger behind them, Harry and Y/N allowed themselves to finally rest. The hospital wing, once a place of healing and comfort, now felt like a safe haven from the night's ordeals.