Last Minute Dash

A/N: This chapter is odd because Harry and Ron are in the car so I had to figure out what to do with Hermione and Y/n hope adding Draco in this chapter makes up to not having him in many chapters in the first year. 

The clock was ticking, and Y/N Y/L/N was sprinting through King's Cross Station, her heart racing with every step. With just five minutes before the Hogwarts Express was set to leave, she darted towards the barrier between platforms 9 and 10. Her parents' shouts of encouragement echoed behind her, but there was no time to look back.

With a determined breath, Y/N charged into the barrier, feeling the familiar tingle of magic as she emerged onto Platform 9¾. The sight of the gleaming red Hogwarts Express was a comforting one, but she could see the train was already starting to puff steam, preparing for departure.

"Y/N! Hurry up!" her mother's voice was lost in the chaos as she rushed to the nearest carriage. She glanced over her shoulder and spotted her parents waving, their faces a mix of concern and encouragement.

Ignoring the last-minute rush of families and students saying their goodbyes, Y/N dashed towards the nearest carriage door, just in time to see it start to close. She yanked it open and leaped inside, almost colliding with a group of students already settled in.

She was so caught up in her hurried escape that she didn't see Draco Malfoy until she was practically on top of him.

"Watch where you're going!" Draco snapped, stepping back with a look of annoyance as Y/N stumbled into him.

"Why don't you move out of the way then?" Y/N retorted, pushing past him. She was still flustered from her rushed departure.

Draco's eyes narrowed. "Typical. Always in a hurry. Some things never change."

Y/N glared back at him, her patience wearing thin. "Oh, save it, Malfoy. You're just standing there like you own the place."

Draco smirked, clearly enjoying the confrontation. "And you're just barging through like you've got no manners. Maybe you should learn to wait your turn."

With a final, disdainful look, Draco pushed past Y/N and made his way down the corridor, presumably to his compartment. Y/N shook her head in frustration and continued on, her eyes scanning for her friends.

After a few more steps, she finally reached the compartment where she usually found Harry, Ron, and Hermione. She knocked on the door and pushed it open.

"Hermione!" Y/N greeted, stepping inside and giving her friend a warm smile. "Hi there. Is this seat taken?"

Hermione looked up from a book she was reading and returned the smile. "Hi, Y/N! No, it's all yours."

Y/N took a seat and looked around. "Where are Harry and Ron?"

Hermione's brow furrowed slightly. "I'm not sure. I think they were going to get some last-minute snacks or something."

As the train jolted into motion, the two friends settled into conversation. Y/N and Hermione chatted about their summers, sharing stories and catching up on what had happened since they last saw each other.

"Well," Y/N said after a few minutes, glancing at the empty seats. "We should probably find Harry and Ron. They must be around here somewhere."

Hermione nodded in agreement. "Definitely. They'll be in one of the compartments. Let's go look for them."

The two friends stood up and left their compartment, making their way down the corridor. The Hogwarts Express was now in full motion, and the rhythmic click of the train on the tracks mixed with the excited chatter of students finding their way to their own compartments.

As Y/N and Hermione searched for their friends, the anticipation of the new school year filled the air, and the promise of new adventures awaited just beyond the horizon.