Unexpected Heroes

A/N: I'm having way too much fun writing this I'm writing this a week ahead lol. I should be asleep it's way past midnight! Longer chapter because I felt bad for the last few for being short. This one was difficult to make align with the movie but still works with the writing I have so far. Hope it still makes sense. 

Lunchtime at Hogwarts found Y/N navigating the bustling Great Hall, the air filled with the aroma of delicious food and the buzz of animated conversation. She hesitated momentarily near the Slytherin table, feeling the weight of Draco Malfoy's disapproving gaze on her back. Despite the familiarity of her housemates, she couldn't shake the feeling of isolation.

Gathering her resolve, Y/N decided to change course. With a deep breath, she walked over to where the Golden Trio—Harry, Ron, and Hermione—were seated at the Gryffindor table. Their table was abuzz with friendly chatter and laughter, and Y/N hoped she might find some companionship there.

"Mind if I join you?" Y/N asked tentatively, drawing the attention of the trio.

Harry smiled warmly. "Of course, Y/N! Pull up a seat."

Y/N settled in with a sense of relief, grateful for the welcoming atmosphere. She found herself quickly engaged in conversation with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, sharing stories from classes and trading anecdotes about their first few days at Hogwarts.

Meanwhile, at the Slytherin table, Draco Malfoy watched Y/N's departure with thinly veiled disgust. His lips curled into a sneer as he exchanged glances with some of his fellow Slytherins, clearly displeased with Y/N's choice of company.

Just as Dumbledore rose from his seat at the staff table, preparing to make an announcement, the Great Hall was suddenly thrown into chaos. A loud, booming voice echoed through the hall, cutting through the din of conversation.

"Troll in the dungeon!" Professor Quirrel's urgent voice rang out, her expression grave as he hurried to the front of the hall. "I repeat, there's a troll in the dungeon. Everyone, please remain calm and follow your house prefects back to your common rooms immediately."

Panic erupted among the students as they scrambled to their feet, the lively atmosphere of lunch abruptly replaced by fear and confusion. Y/N glanced at Harry, Ron, and Hermione, their faces pale but determined as they rose to their feet, ready to follow the Gryffindor prefects.

Together with the other students, Y/N hurried out of the Great Hall, her heart pounding with apprehension. The thought of a troll loose in the castle sent a chill down her spine, but she was grateful for the presence of her new friends as they navigated the corridors to safety.

As they hurried through the corridors, the urgency of the situation hung heavy in the air. The Gryffindor prefects led Y/N, Harry, Ron, and Hermione toward the safety of their common room, their footsteps echoing loudly against the stone walls.

"What do you think we should do about the troll?" Ron asked, his voice filled with concern.

Hermione, always quick to think, replied, "We need to find the troll and stop it before it can hurt anyone."

Harry nodded in agreement. "We can't wait for the teachers. Let's find it ourselves."

Y/N glanced around at the worried faces of her new friends. "Alright, let's stick together and be careful," she said, her voice steady despite her nerves.

They followed the echoing sounds of destruction through the castle corridors, eventually finding themselves in a dimly lit hallway near the dungeons. Ahead of them, they could hear the heavy thuds and grunts of the troll, accompanied by the occasional crash of stone.

Peering cautiously around a corner, they spotted the massive troll, its ugly face contorted in rage as it swung its club, smashing pillars and breaking statues. The sight sent a shiver down Y/N's spine, but she steeled herself and exchanged determined looks with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"We have to lure it away from the school," Hermione whispered urgently, her mind racing with ideas.

Ron nodded, looking around for a distraction. "I'll create a diversion," he volunteered, holding up his wand.

Harry gripped his wand tightly, his gaze fixed on the troll. "Y/N, Hermione, be ready to attack when it's distracted," he instructed quietly.

With a deep breath, Ron stepped out from their hiding place and shouted, "Hey, you! Ugly brute! Over here!"

The troll turned, roaring in anger as it spotted Ron. It lumbered towards him, swinging its club wildly.

"Now, Hermione!" Harry called out.

Hermione raised her wand and shouted, "Wingardium Leviosa!" With a flick of her wrist, a nearby pillar shot into the air and crashed down in front of the troll, blocking its path.

Y/N seized the opportunity, casting a Stunning Spell that hit the troll square in the chest. The troll stumbled backward, stunned but still dangerously alert.

With a final combined effort, Hermione conjured thick ropes that bound the troll's legs together, immobilizing it completely.

Breathing heavily, Y/N looked at her friends with relief and pride. They had faced the danger together and emerged victorious.