A Potion of Confusion

A/N: I'm back sorry with school back I haven't had much time to write. Also, I did get this idea from another Wattpad story I liked it so much Ima write something similar. 

The following week, the sun streamed through the narrow windows of the dungeon classroom, casting a faint golden glow on the walls of Professor Snape's Potions class. The room was cool and dim, illuminated only by the flickering light of a few torches. Rows of sturdy wooden desks lined up neatly, each with a small cauldron and an array of potion ingredients neatly arranged. The desks were tall and narrow, with a front wall that completely enclosed the area where students' feet rested, providing a snug, almost claustrophobic workspace. The seats were high stools that creaked slightly when shifted.

Y/N shuffled into the classroom with her friends, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. As usual, Hermione had her nose buried in a textbook, while Ron and Harry exchanged jokes, their laughter breaking the heavy atmosphere of the dungeon.

"Hey, Hermione," Y/N said quietly, leaning in. "I've really been struggling with Potions this year. I need to focus more if I want to pass my finals."

Hermione looked up with a concerned expression. "I've noticed. But don't worry, I'll help you out. We'll figure it out together."

Before Hermione could offer more reassurance, the classroom door creaked open and Professor Snape swept in, his dark robes trailing behind him like a shadow. The students fell silent, all eyes on the imposing figure as he glided to the front of the room.

"Take your seats," Snape commanded, his voice cold and unyielding.

The students moved to find their places, chatting among themselves about the week's events. Y/N, eager to sit with her friends, took a seat at a desk in the middle of the room, but as Snape's eyes swept over the students, he raised an eyebrow.

"Ms. Y/L/N," he called out in his typical drawl. "You, Mr. Malfoy—move to the back. You will be seated together."

Y/N and Draco exchanged a glance of mutual disdain. Draco's smirk was as smug as ever, and Y/N's expression was one of frustration. As they moved to the back of the room, Y/N couldn't help but feel the weight of her anxiety about Potions—her struggle was becoming more apparent with each class.

The back desks were secluded and slightly cramped, enclosed on three sides. Y/N and Draco settled into their seats, their stools creaking under them. The front wall of their desk was completely closed off, giving them little room for their feet, which made the space feel even more confined.

Snape began his lecture on the finer points of potion-making, discussing the complexities of the Draught of Living Death and the precise measurements required. Y/N tried to focus, but the presence of Draco beside her was both distracting and irritating. Draco's occasional snide comments did nothing to help her concentration.

As the lesson drew to a close, Snape's voice cut through the murmur of students packing up their things. "Ms. Y/L/N and Mr. Malfoy, stay behind."

Y/N felt a knot tighten in her stomach. She glanced at Hermione, who gave her a reassuring nod. "You'll be fine," Hermione whispered. "I'm sure it's just about the class."

After the room cleared, Y/N and Draco approached Snape's desk. Snape's eyes were as unreadable as ever as he regarded Y/N with a steely gaze.

"Ms. Y/L/N," he began, "I've noticed a significant drop in your potion-making skills. This is unacceptable, especially given the importance of the N.E.W.T.s."

Y/N swallowed hard, her face flushing slightly. "I know, Professor. I've been struggling, but I'm working on it. Hermione is going to help me."

Snape's eyes narrowed. "I'm aware of your attempts, but it seems they have not yet yielded the desired results. I have decided that you will require additional assistance."