Chapter 3

2010年12月8日
Mysterious Woman.

I sat at a corner table in the library.

I brow was furrowed in concentration as I flipped through pages, jotting down notes frantically.

Finals week was just around the corner, and the pressure was mounting.

Yin sauntered into the library, his usually cheerful move subdued.

He spotted me and made his way over, dragging his feet slightly.

His mind was elsewhere, burdened by something that kept him distracted.

“Yang,” he greeted.

I glanced up, offering a tired smile.

I replied, trying to muster some energy. “What’s up?”

He slumped into the chair opposite me, running a hand through his hair. “Not much,” he muttered while eyes wandering around the library rather than meeting my eyes.

“You know—” I frowned, sensing his unease.

“What?” I asked.

“Just some things on my mind,” he admitted vaguely.

“Sounds deep, ah,” I closed the book.

“I felt like I saw the mysterious woman who saved me.”

I exhaled with relief. “Shouldn’t you be happy? your life saver” I said.

“Far off from where I saw her. That’s kinda...”

I got serious and lost my smile, I realized, “Suspicious indeed.

***

2008年-月-日
Nightmare.

Mine eyes behold naught but darkness.

I have even forgotten the countenance of this place.

The air was fraught with tension as I abode in silence.

Suddenly, a voice pierced the quietude, calm yet authoritative, speaking directly unto me.

The tread of footsteps drew near. “Do you know you’re still alive?” Thou canst hear the clink of the chain when she touched mine ear.

Colossians chapter three, verse thirteen. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

I don’t understand, can the next verse be mandarin?

Colossians chapter three, verse fourteen, And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. (which is said in mandarin)

Give thanks to Tao, Sakura.

Upon hearing that name, I experienced a mysterious flashback, unaware that it was merely a voice arising from my prolonged blindness.

Sakura, pinatay mo siya!(Sakura, you killed him)

Pinatay mo siya!
Sakura,
Pinatay mo siya!
Sakura,
Pinatay mo siya

Sakura,
Pinatay mo siya!
Sakura,
Pinatay mo siya
Sakura.

I yelled and wept. SHUT UP!

Sakura anguished cries did echo through the empty hallway, each wail a raw expression of pain and sorrow. Her voice, oft soft and comforting, now cracked with every sob, echoing off the sterile walls. Tears did stream down her cheeks, her whole body convulsing with the weight of her emotions. Each cry did seem to reach out desperately, seeking solace in a world suddenly filled with unbearable loss.

***

Present Year

10:20 PM
Beijing, China
05/21

What a burly man? with a scar across his cheek, exuded confidence holding his pistol.

He smirked.

My slicing through the air with deadly move. I lunged forward him.

He sidestepped, narrowly avoiding the razor-sharp edge aimed at his head.

He countered with a swift jab, but my Kung Fu style kicked in.

I deflected the blow with a fluid motion, using my free hand to land a precise strike on his wrist, forcing him to drop his gun.

He unleashed a barrage of punches, his fists a blur as he aimed for my defenses.

I danced around him, my movements a graceful dance of evasion and counterattack.

With each swing of my katana, don’t blink.

On his neck I landed the katana as a mark on his group Headless Dragon

Bloody night.

***

2006年07月2日
Nothing.

My kicks were smooth, after he teach me Taekwondo for months. We sparred fluidly, exchanging kicks and blocks.

He threw a series of smooth roundhouse kicks, which I expertly blocked and countered with lightning-fast kicks of my own. My movements were sharp a testament with his effective teaching.

“Good, keep that guard up,” Yin impressed by my progress. I nodded.

With a subtle shift in strategy, he transitioned smoothly into a...? Jiu Jitsu stance?

It is catching me off guard? in a swift motion, he moved to close the distance and executed a leglock technique. I momentarily surprised by his unexpected move, felt the pressure on my leg. “Are you kidding me?” I asked because I felt strange. He laughed.

I lay down tired because he did it to my leg!

His two hands slapped one by one near my head left and right. In the gravity, you can see the mess of his hair, some of it fell dancing in the cold air tonight.

I looked at his small mole above his mouth.

I forced my body to stand up to kiss him.

He kissed me first so his head pushed my head lay back down again.

That kiss makes a loud sound... He held my chin softly and pressed his lips, deeply.