Chapter 34

Agent Raide made an agreement with Doctor Bao. Doctor Bao may assist Agent Raide with the findings, while Doctor Bao wants to acquire the capsule under investigation by Doctor Lin.

Doctor Lin knew that the organization was in danger, so he helped Angel escape from the headquarters, to also warned Hun Si to eliminate anyone who obstructs the mission.

Present Time

I knew it, something is going wrong with Doctor Lin’s operation, and it’s you, Doctor Bao!

I glared at Bao angrily while Raide’s gun was aimed at me, unsure of what to do next. I’m here to rest; my body is exhausted. I want to sleep, but no!

Yang, fucking think!

My eyelids fluttered uncontrollably, each blink growing longer and more reluctant...

Yang’s Dream.

I stared at my hands, what? They looked smaller, almost delicate, as if they belonged to someone else.

I tried to make sense of it, but the dream was shifting, pulling me into another world.

The surroundings began to take shape, and I found myself in a dense, shadowy forest.

The trees loomed tall and imposing, their branches sounds deep.

Suddenly, a low, guttural growl broke through the peace. I turned to see a massive bear emerging from the underbrush, its eyes gleaming with a predatory glint.

I panicked as the bear advanced, its claws extended, ready to strike.

I stumbled backward, heart racing, as the beast’s growls grew louder.

Just as the bear lunged, a figure appeared from the shadows. It was Yin! younger Yin! his presence commanding and focused.

He moved with purpose, his bow in hand. He nocked a stone and drew it back, aiming with perfect shot.

Yin’s first arrow flew through the air, striking the bear and causing it to roar.

He move through the trees, all around the clearing, traps he had set earlier began to activate, snapping shut and creating a maze of obstacles.

The bear, now confused and enraged, was forced into the traps. Yin continued to shoot stones with accuracy. Finally, with a final, powerful shot, Yin brought the bear down.

“Katana, wake up!”

“Katana, wake up!”

The sound of Yin’s voice made me open my eyes. I felt a twitch on my forehead and the blur of my vision, but seeing Yin made me feel at ease.

I opened my eyes more clearly and realized I was in a van. Aki was driving while Yin, with blood on his lips, sat beside me.

I moved my body and shifted away from the sit. “Yin!” I shouted.

“Have you gone crazy, Katana? We saved you from the hands of that agent and the insane doctor!” Aki shouted at me, and that’s when I woke up to find Yin wasn’t beside me. Only Hiro was there.

“Sorry, Katana. You seemed to need more sleep, but from the way you looked earlier, you wanted to wake up, so I had to wake you,” Hiro said to me, immediately taking hold of my shoulders and easing me back against him.

“Where is Benelli?”

“He’s looking for Doctor Lin; he was the first one captured. I was warned by Lin before the operation on Libra to stash the capsule and put a fake one at headquarters,” Aki replied.