Chapter 20

Yang’s Diary

Actually, the chastisement I received was not of a traumatic nature.

For me, it is as a bridge whereunto I was proceeding towards the gentle clouds; it appears that God is calling me to change.

Perchance I was afflicted whilst there, for I know not its long. They iterated the book numerous times in Mandarin, English, and Japanese.

For each mistake I commit, there is a lash upon my back that causes pain.

Thus, my back bears many wounds.

I am not perfect; I err as well.

There is a priest who will speak to me, occasionally in English. At times, there is a priest who speaks Japanese.

I remember, someone approached me, called me “Sakura” which triggered my memories and brought tears to my eyes.

An unknown flashback forms here whenever I am called Sakura.

“You’re a killer, Poxiao!”

“You killed your own father, you killed him! HAHAHAHA!”

“That’s why you landed here. Stupid.”

“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”

“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”

Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”

“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”

“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”

“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”
“Sakura a killer”

Li Yuo’s panicked voice pierced the air.
“There is blood!”

The atmosphere was changed with fear and confusion by the sudden slide of the door open.

Lisha entering, gripped by terror, said in a quivering voice, “Zhi Poxiao!”

Lisha clung to Li Yuo, her eyes darting between Poxiao and the horrifying sight.

Poxiao, visibly shaken, protested vehemently,
“I didn’t do that, Lisha!”

Poxiao’s voice trembled with disbelief and fear.

Her hands trembling as she involuntarily raised them, revealing a knife coated in blood.

“Liar!” Lisha’s accusation was sharp, her gaze fixated on the damning evidence in Poxiao’s trembling grasp.

Poxiao’s eyes widened in horror as she stared at her own hands.

The knife slipping from her fingers to clatter to the ground, the metallic echoing in the tense silence that followed.

“Stop! Don’t come near!” Lisha’s said wavered with fear and anger, her body tense and ready to defend herself from the unexpected danger.

“No... It is not me,” Poxiao pleaded desperately, her voice cracking with raw emotion as she struggled to make sense of the blood on her hands.

“Then fucking who, Poxiao?!” Lisha’s asked.

Poxiao, her gaze darting frantically around the room, pointed a shaking finger towards nothing, her voice barely a whisper, “She.”

Lisha’s eyes widened in sheer terror at Poxiao’s blaming to nothing.