Chapter 31

Counter-Terrorism Operations Room.

Specialist Fanghao starting to point the map, “We need to analyze the pattern. The first explosion occurred at a casino, and the next attacks happened at three different bars. This isn’t random.”

Agent Raide.

Agent Raide, he’s been following the Counter-Terrorism Operations Room’s updates on recent bombings.

“The pattern is too specific. It’s not just about terror—it’s about sending a message to Association.”

“The recent bombings aren’t random but a calculated strike against Association’s operations.”

Agent Raiden is a highly skilled investigator from South Korea’s National Intelligence Service.

“I appreciate you meeting with me, Ms. Mei. We need any information you might have on Agent Xiao.”

“I don’t know if I can help you, Agent Raide. Xiao’s been gone for month, and she’s not exactly in touch with her old network. All I know is she left to seek revenge, you know that.”

“Yes, we’re aware of her motives. But the Golden Pagoda Detective Agency is certain she knows valuable information that could be critical to our investigation. Any Xiao’s word will make sense?”

“Nothing.”

Cancer.

“Katana and Hiro are already talking to those who followed you, Aki. Apparently, Cancer wants to beat you up because of the trouble you caused,” Benelli said as they were driving to headquarters.

“You shouldn’t have engaged with them, and besides, we have ears in the restaurant,” Aki replied.

“Let’s stop bombing the restaurant; the workers there are all innocent,” Aki added with sympathy.

“That’s not our plan, don’t miss our meeting next time,” Benelli replied.

“Also, you irritated the cashier. Did you know they wanted to come after you earlier to punch you?” Benelli said.

Aki quickly defending himself, “I did that to lessen the workload for the workers behind the restaurant. Do you know that with every order they take, they feel a punch and a hit?”

The seafood restaurant revealed a Zodiac hand where human trafficking was occurring.

“Is there something wrong if Angel, Pisces’ child, manages to escape?” Doctor Lin said, which could be heard by everyone with AirPods in Hun Si. This was an emergency situation where Doctor Lin was adjusting the audio settings so that all the members could hear.

Benelli’s eyes widened.

Aki looked at Benelli.

“We won’t do anything but we’ll kill anyone who comes near us.” Doctor Lin immediately found a solution to the question he asked.

***

The scenes are unexpected; although Cancer is easily defeated by them, there are still those who oppose it. Is this the downfall of Hun Si?

Agent Raide.

Agent Raide, dressed in a black coat, walks through a verdant area. His mysterious bowing suggests he has learned something.

When he stops, it reveals his destination: the grave of Agent Xingxe. However, someone is standing there as well—Yin, whom he did not expect to see.

Yin, with a calm demeanor, begins to walk away. “Wait,” Agent Raide calls out.

Yin continues walking, and the speed of his departure quickly dries his tears.

Agent Raide did not interfere with the man upon sensing his unusual aura.

Gazing at Agent Xingxe’s beautiful smile in the photo, Agent Raide wondered what was going on. What had the two discovered?

The disappearance of Agent Xiao and the death of Agent Xingxe are mysterious to him.

“He was warned before the place exploded. Why didn’t he leave?”

***

“Can we talk?” Yin said tearfully on the phone.

“Where are you?” Yang immediately responded.

“I’ll be waiting for you at my apartment.”

Yang’s.

When I entered, Yin immediately greeted me with a kiss. His kiss pushed me to the door, it just closed when I leaned.

My hands were just holding his big arms and pushed him slowly.

We looked at each other awkwardly when he stopped. “Yin, do you know how much I was in a hurry?” I said it with a furrowed brow. My irritation evident in every word. It was clear I am not in the mood.

“If it’s not this important, I’ll just leave.”

***

Ascott Beijing

Agent Raide pretended to need to use the restroom when he saw the guard. “May I use the restroom?” Agent Raide handed over his fake ID and was allowed into the building.

Once inside, Agent Raide quickly locked his eyes on the elevator. He entered the restroom in the lobby, removed his coat, and dampened his hair. He left the coat there and walked away.

For Agent Raide, Xingxe’s old close friend had a secret that could unravel the case.

He set up a camera and investigated Yin and his behavior.

Agent Raide couldn’t believe what he was seeing, he just bowed but still heard Yang’s moan.