Chapter 35

“I know Doctor Lin; he would choose to sacrifice himself rather than betray us,” Aki said during our silent mourning.

“He committed suicide,” Attorney Yuxie said, handing over a folder.

“I suspect he was intimidated, not just coerced into confessing until he couldn’t bear it any longer and gave in,” Attorney Yuxie added. “What now? We haven’t heard anything about Master Fei.” Aki responded to Yuxie.

“I’m not responsible for that. I’m here out of pity for you. But today is only for Doctor Lin,” Yuxie said.

“Didn’t you worry about your sister?” Benelli asked Yuxie.

“I did worry, but why are you concerned? Can’t you save her?” Yuxie replied.

The Libra case is over. Alongside Doctor Lin and Angel.

“Thank you, Yan Liu. I’ve made use of Agent Raide; he’s quite valuable,” Yin said to Aki during the call.

Aki recalled Doctor Lin’s last request. “I hope I kill him... that was Doctor Lin’s last request.”

Aries.

Aries, he was a figure of calm. He leaned casually against the Baccarat table, his posture exuding confidence as the dealer began to shuffle the cards.

Across the table sat Hao-ren, a high-roller whose fingers trembled as he fidgeted with his chips. He pushed his chips forward with a resolute, his gaze flickering nervously toward Aries.

The dealer, Jing-xiu, dealt the cards. The cards, face down, were laid out in front of each player. “Let see your fate.”

Aries’ eyes never left Hao-ren. A smile played on his lips, one that spoke of hidden knowledge and a superior understanding.

He placed a modest bet, a gesture that seemed almost dismissive compared to Hao-ren’s all-in move. “You know,” Aries said smoothly, “it’s not just about luck or the cards. It’s about understanding the game. And more importantly, understanding your opponent.”

His gaze flicked momentarily to Jing-xiu, then back to Hao-ren. Aries’ face flushed, frustration crossing his features.

He had clearly underestimated the man across from him, and now, it was too late. Jing-xiu revealed the cards with a flourish. Hao-ren’s hand was a disappointing, “Damn!” far from the winning combination I had hoped for.

Aries’ hand...

was a winning total, a perfect harmony of numbers that spoke of careful strategy and meticulous planning.

“This can’t be!” Hao-ren shouted.

“My friend, Matthew! I’d love to invite you to this big event. I’ll sell you a card,” Aries cheerfully said as he look at Matthew.

“There’s no need, I have a lot to do,” Matthew replied with a majestic tone. Fei was captivated by him. She was listening to the two from behind—Fei was sitting just behind them, so there was no doubt.

The big event is the largest event happening in Hong Kong—the evil’s party.