Chapter 16

Present Time

8:00 PM
Hong Kong
07/08

And there is an old man in his 50s. Reading a book by Rui, passed to Yin, and passed to Matthew.

He’s sitting in a precious chair with a dragon design in it... But seems broken? the head.

“Headless Dragon”

He’s sitting with his hands in a focused gesture, indicating deep concentration.

“Mashu Eikou.”

He was confused because he was not sure about the book.

The clue made him think.

He’s serious with an innocent face but inside his innocent face Matthew has lit a fire.

He checked his watch and stood.

His mansion resembled a traditional house.

He slide to open the closet, you’ll found only a blank wall, but a hidden door revealed itself when you spotted a small handle near the floor.

He opened his watch and there was a hidden thin key.

Opening to this metal door there is a small stair.

He brought it in, it was small and all silver, there were masks hanging on the side.

The end of the corridor is an elevator. He pressed the elevator button and descended to the lowest floor.

The atmosphere is eerie, there are fogs on every glass.

Figures inside resemble dolls, yet they’re actually dead people.

At the far end stands a woman crucified and tightly bound.

He woke her up. “Eve.” he gently touched the hair. “I’m about to destroy. Not only the head, but also the tail.”

Her eyes glowered with anger, she refrained from screaming, knowing no one would hear.

He left. “Matthew doesn’t seem crazy, he seems to really love his wife.”

Long Wei

Long Wei’s tone was coldly calm, his voice a smooth river flowing over jagged rocks.

Despite his threatening words, his eyes held a disturbing innocence, like a child caught in a mischievous act.

Every movement of his hand on the chessboard, the pieces clicking softly against the smooth surface with each revelation.

“In Chess, there are King, Queen, Rook, Bishop, Knight, and Pawn. I am the King.”

“My Queen is Politicians that sides with money over honor. Like in Chess, their role is to protect the King.”

“My Rook is full of Drug trafficking, found in several cities.”

“My Bishop is Labor and Illegal arms trafficking, found in Taiwan.”

“My Knight is just small Organ Trafficking found in orphanages in the Philippines.”

“You almost caught my hideout here in Hong Kong, I’m impressed by this spy, Evening... yes, you.

I know you’re one of the agents who failed catching my operation in Nagashima. But I still don’t know your motive.

My operation keeps growing.

Everything was smooth until something unusual happened around 2013.

When they raided my orphanage in the Philippines, I felt a slight sting, but that was just my Knight.”

“I felt fear that my Bishop might be next. But no. I have a strong feeling there’s a vigilante who knows my orphanage and only operates in the Philippines.

Based on the years when my Knight and Rook fell, it seems two different vigilante group were involved.

Both were unaware of my other operations.”

Eve’s eyes widened upon hearing this, as her child was involved in the orphanage Long-wei mentioned.

“Eve. I have no news about your children anymore. I heard, they were both adopted.

Their father was a policeman—but he was killed and their house burned down, one of the twins did that.

The killer was sent to a village in China, where my clan’s resides.

Evening... Do you know why they didn’t kill Sakura?

Because she’s not just a child. Imagine at the age of five, or maybe just four, you would kill your policeman father? She’s amazing.

While her twin... vanished like a bubble.”

“It is your nine thousand one hundred ninety-third day.”

Long-wei, the master of Headless Dragon. Now feeling anxious about the hints and traces that have been left by Mashu Matthew Glory” Eikou—husband of Ebu Evening” Hiroshima.

Long-wei, consumed by the persistent demands of his evil pursuits, remained oblivious to the shocking discovery made within the confines of his casino: the grisly remains of Rui’s head.

In the dark depths of his diabolical business, where vice and ambition are intertwined, this revelation poses a grave threat not only to his carefully curated image of power.

Little did he know that he had fueled the fire of Hun Si and Yin’s wrath.

Meanwhile, for Agent Xiao, driven by a relentless search for justice of Xingxe’s tragic death.

Evening’s 9,193 Day.

Eve’s think and think with thoughts of her twin children, the only thing keeping her grounded in the darkness of her captivity.

She wondered how much they had grown in the years she had been held prisoner.

It all began when she traced Long-wei.

Eve, under the guise as “Evening” approached him at a formal event, her mission: intercept the impending transaction.

However, her plan failed, and she found herself trailing Long-wei instead.

Agent Raven-6, renowned for her technique, nearly fight Long-wei during a confrontation.

Intrigued by Eve’s technique and skill, Long-wei make her as hostage.

As Eve languished in Long-wei’s hidden fortress, the Covert Intelligence Taskforce scrambled to rescue their captured agents, only to meet the same fate.

Some chose death over captivity, but for Eve, “A mother’s love”