Chapter 17

Xiao’s.

A red car raced down the rain-slicked road, its lights slashing through the darkness like daggers.

Behind the steering wheel, Xiao with burning eyes gripped the leather-bound steering wheel with white knuckles.

The engine groaned under her command. This it not ordinary trip.

But a pursuit fueled by hatred and the need for revenge.

With a flick of her wrist, she slammed on the accelerator, the car taking off with great force.

Her mind repeated the revenge.

In a different road, there is Yang.

Yang’s.

I sat in the back of the sleek, black sedan—my posture relaxed.

The car glided smoothly through the city streets.

Across from me, at the wheel, Leo. His well-groomed appearance belies the ruthless reputation he has earned in the underworld of prostitution trafficking.

A world I vows to dismantle.

He glanced at me through the rearview mirror, a smirk on his lips. “Enjoying the ride, babe?”

My response was quick and unexpected.

In one fluid motion, my hand reached for the hidden dagger strapped to my thigh.

The blade flickered in the car lighting as I pressed it against Leo’s throat.

Leo’s eyes widened in surprise, his smirk replaced by wary respect. “What is it, Ying-hua? You planning to take me out?”

My voice is calm, “I want every detail. Every name, every operation involved in your trafficking rin.”

“And if you think for one second that I’m not going to follow through on my threats, you’re wrong.” Leo’s throat went dry as he swallowed nervously, the blade of the dagger sinking slightly into his skin.

“You’re cold, Ying-hua. But you know how this works? If I speak, I’m dead!”

My gaze hardened. “Then fucking consider this your only chance to save yourself.”

Leo hesitated for a moment, weighing his options.

Finally, he slowly nodded. “Alright. But you have to promise something in return.”

My grip on the dagger tightened even more.

“I make no promises to my enemies."

As the car continues, I listens intently as Leo begins to unravel the tangled web of corruption and brutality he has sworn to destroy.

Leo’s operation failed, the bar spontaneously exploded along with him. I never thought Hun Si would be this violent.

I said expose it and let it rot in jail...

I reached for the small panel beside the dashboard, where a discreetly hidden dashcam was installed. With practiced fingers, I deftly removed the cover and extracted the memory card.

As I stood there, by the sudden arrival of a car. I immediately recognized it as Yin’s. The window glided down smoothly, revealing Yin.

“They saw Rui’s head in the casino there in Peak.” I clenched my fists at Yin’s words, full of anger.

“Stop the missions of Hun Si for now.” Yin added.

“Yin, it’s not over! I’ve only taken down one zodiac sign.” I insisted stubbornly.

“Is that more important than your own legacy?”

“Yang, I know. It’s important for you to chase criminals even though... you’re like this now! but Yang, Rui and the Headless Dragon. We haven’t finished yet.”

I couldn’t think straight... “You know that—”

“Xingxe is dead. He died because of a war in the casino.” I loosened my grip. The anger was replaced by sadness.

“What?”

“Because of the cruelty of your legacy, even the innocent get caught up. Stop it!”

“Don’t use what you were taught with violence.”

“But your revenge, okay? bullshit. It’s the same thing! I’m avenging those who couldn’t defend themselves.”

“I’ll avenge Rui, Xingxe, and my anger towards the Headless Dragon. I will finish them along with Xiao’s legacy.” he said.