Chapter 12

Rui’s Short Story.

Poxiao, a young woman from an island near Taiwan, set forth on a journey that would change her destiny forever. It was there, towering trees and echoing calls of wildlife, that she encountered Xingxe. All of a sudden, a song came through the air, moving smoothly through the trees. She followed the sound until she found an open space. A guy sat on a rock covered in moss, playing a simple wooden flute, his fingers dancing. They became friends. As fate would have it, their paths soon crossed with Xiao, a masterful archer. Together, Poxiao, Xingxe, and Xiao formed an unlikely trio bound by shared experiences and a common quest for adventure. Their journey led them deeper into the heart of the wilderness, where they encountered Lisha, a mysterious ninja whose stealth and agility were unmatched. Initially cautious of each other’s motives, Poxiao and Lisha soon recognized the strength in their differences—their group was complete when they stumbled upon Yin, a daring pirate captain known for his fearless exploits on the high seas. Intrigued by Lisha find new companions, Yin decided to join their quest, drawn by the promise of treasure and the thrill of exploration. United by a shared sense of purpose, Poxiao, Xingxe, Xiao, Lisha, and Yin set sail on Luhao’s sturdy ship, manned by Mei, with her skilled cook.

Together, they navigated treacherous waters, explored hidden islands.

“Gift for you, Auntie Poxiao : )” it was written on the back of the paper, I cried.

I hope I didn’t leave you, Rui. I hope I took care of you, if only I could change the time I will come back to the day I can protect you.