Chapter 36

Situated within the grandeur of the event venue is a mesmerizing round room adorned in opulence. Hiro’s eyes were closely observed, and his gaze seemed slightly more attractive—It was far from the goal of their plan.

Its black walls intertwine with intricate gold dragon motifs, reflecting artistry that enchants all who enter. Hiro’s hand rests on the railing of the stairs, moving as if playing the piano upon hearing the 'Adagio sostenuto' movement from Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, Op. 18, performed at the venue.

On the third floor, a breathtaking dragon-shaped chandelier hangs from the ceiling, casting a regal glow over the stage below. Aki gazed at the beauty above, accompanied by the calm strains of the piano.

The gathering is an assembly of dignitaries from the illustrious Headless Dragons, drawing ambassadors from distant lands. The piano part became intense at the fourth minute, with attendees of various ethnicities present.

Each floor boasts lavish golden chairs that exude an air of prestige, surrounded by a palette of black and gold that defines the place. At the ground floor, the door shut quickly—it was definitely Aki. On the door was the label “技术人员,” meaning Technical Staff. Then, the piano struck a deep bass note.

On the third floor, full of anticipation. Long Chen search of his seat.

A terrifying presence of Li Yuo appeared.

“Long Chen! Good to see you. I have a special gift for you,” Li Yuo greets him with a smile.

“Don’t disappoint me,” Long Chen replies coolly, clinking glasses with Li Yuo.

Meanwhile, on the second floor, Hiro, impeccably dressed, scans the crowd for Aquarius. “Why does everyone look at me like I’m one of them?” he whispered—while something was placed in his ear that they could hear each other.

Down on the first floor, behind the stage, all the staff were beaten. “You’re amazing, Master,” the DJ praises as they remain bound. Aki swiftly secures the area.

Extracting a small tape from his pocket, Aki reassures them in hushed tones, “Yes I know, don’t be loud.”

“Hiro, they’re planning something sinister, something beyond mere performance.” Aki whispers urgently, “I thought it was just a slut show, bro, but it’s far worse. They will cut someone’s head off on stage later. But Katana has already taken care of them, and she’ll be singing in their place!”

Katana can be seen in a dressing room, searching for people, but it is empty. “No one will be beheaded, no staff and people here? it will start in a few minutes.” Katana whispered, she left the room.

Upon exiting, there is a corridor with a door at the end leading to the main room—backstage. “Hi, señorita!” a russian gentleman greets her warmly as she passes, charmed by her elegant red Victorian attire and gloved hands cover her tattoo.

The man handed something over.

She accepts a note from him discreetly, revealing only an address.

Katana held her ear to speak, as she was wearing a small device. “I’ll still sing, Aki?” Katana asks anxiously.

“At least you can defend yourself if trouble comes,” Aki replies pragmatically.

“We need to grab their attention, Katana, even if I am not eager to hear you sing,” Hiro interjects.

As Hiro spoke, something approached him that made skin crawl, but Hiro remained calm.

“Excuse me, who are you talking to?” an elderly man interrupts Hiro, “My wife,” Hiro quips playfully.

“Hiro, you’re too obvious,” Aki chimes in, teasingly.

Meanwhile, other building, an auction unfolds where Benelli stands watch, drawn there by Capricorn’s presence.

“This is odd. They’re auctioning off gold and heirlooms from well-known families,” Benelli reports in real time.

“What’s odd about it?” Aki inquires.

“Wait, the lights just went out,” Benelli whispers urgently.

“Alright, Katana! Let’s move,” Aki declares with fervor, ready to take action.

At the same time, Yin was on a mission, where he was in the restroom.

The sound of running water fills the air. He grabs a towel and begins to pat his face dry when suddenly, music drifts in from somewhere nearby.

The music grows louder and clearer.

Oh ma douce souffrance
Pourquoi s'acharner? Tu recommences
Je ne suis qu'un être sans importance
Sans lui, je suis un peu paro
Je déambule seule dans le métro

He listens more intently.

Une dernière danse
Pour oublier ma peine immense
Je veux m'enfuir que tout recommence
Oh ma douce souffrance

Realizing with a sudden rush of emotion that it’s Yang.

Je remue le ciel, le jour, la nuit
Je danse avec le vent, la pluie

“Yang?”

Un peu d'amour, un brin de miel
Et je danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse

It was revealed that they were all in the same place: Yin, Yang, Hiro, Aki, Benelli, and their target.

Li Yuo was surprised by the gift he was going to give to Long Chen, changed, and Long Chen looked down.

Et dans le bruit, je cours et j'ai peur
Est-ce mon tour? Vient la douleur
Dans tout Paris, je m'abandonne
Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole

“What stupidity is this?” Li Yuo asked while annoyed because the cellphone rang, no one answered.

Que d'espérance
Sur ce chemin en ton absence
J'ai beau trimer
Sans toi ma vie n'est qu'un décor qui brille, vide de sens

Long Chen signaled to Li Yuo “Wait” Long Chen suddenly smiled, “Your gift is beautiful, Li Yuo.”

Li Yuo approached the railing and hung up the cell phone.

Je remue le ciel, le jour, la nuit
Je danse avec le vent, la pluie
Un peu d'amour, un brin de miel
Et je danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse

“Zhi Poxiao?” Li Yuo’s eyes widened.

Et dans le bruit, je cours et j'ai peur
Est-ce mon tour? Vient la douleur
Dans tout Paris, je m'abandonne
Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole vole

Some were surprised but when they saw the enjoyment in Long Chen’s eyes they did nothing.

“Sakura...” Long Chen whispered.

An intense instrumental in the song "Dernière Danse," starting at 2:13, took the lead.

“Katana?”

Dans cette douce souffrance
Dont j'ai payé toutes les offenses
Écoute comme mon cœur est immense
Je suis une enfant du monde

“Why is the performance on the auction screen?” Benelli was very confused.

Je remue le ciel, le jour, la nuit
Je danse avec le vent, la pluie
Un peu d'amour, un brin de miel
Et je danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse

“It’s on the screen, so they will be beheading live?” Aki replied also confused.

Et dans le bruit, je cours et j'ai peur
Est-ce mon tour? Vient la douleur
Dans tout Paris, je m'abandonne
Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole vole

Hiro clenched his fist.