Chapter 14

Xingxe’s.

Xingxe lounged on the deck of his sleek yacht.

The gentle sway of the waves beneath him a soothing counterpoint to the intensity of his thoughts.

With practiced ease, he peeled a tangerine.

His look wandered across the horizon, but his mind was far from the view.

His phone buzzed.

It was a message from headquarters, requesting an update on their current operation.

With a sigh, Xingxe pocketed his phone but as he looked out over the sea.

Xiao’s.

Xiao crouched low behind a cluster of palm trees. She scanned the moonlit beach, her trained eyes catching a flicker of movement near the shoreline.

Ling, the elusive thief, specializes in stealing priceless antiquities and artifacts of significant historical or cultural value. His latest target is a set of ancient relics hidden in a remote island temple.

With Xiao’s breath, Xiao drew back the bowstring, muscles tensing as he tracked Ling’s movements.

As Ling closed in, Xiao released the arrow with deadly strike. It sliced through the air, aimed at the Ling’s feet to halt his advance. He leaped aside with lightning reflexes, the arrow embedding itself in the sand.

金塔侦探社, Jinta Zhantan She

Walls adorned with maps, crime scene photographs, and evidence boards detailing the perplexing cases of Lisha’s disappearance years ago and the recent brutal death of Rui.

“Xiao.” Xingxe began, his voice steady yet laced with concern, “Without concrete evidence, we can’t confront him directly.”

Xiao nodded grimly, frustration in her expression. “I know.”

Their mind deeply think through the details of both cases.

***

Unknown Flashback.

“I don’t know where I’m going anymore.” Lisha was sitting talking to the man but the person he was talking to was standing far away, the man was looking at the glass window and looking at the city lights.

“Proverbs chapter three, verse five to six.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths

The mysterious man’s voice was majestic.

Lisha just started crying and didn’t know what to do.