Chapter 26

Pisces.
Shunyi District, Beijing

There are only seven heads left for their mission. Benelli is finishing one of them.

He sat at the corner of bar.

His eyes looking through the room-around him, patrons moved in and out.

“The design says it’s not that large, but when you measure it from the outside, it’s a big room. Where could the secret door be?”

Benelli’s phone vibrated discreetly in his pocket, signaling the arrival of a crucial message from Aki.

It is time to make your move. It means that the victims have been taken.

Benelli carried a small toolkit and several compact devices.

With smooth movements, he approached the edges of the bar, near pillars and under tables.

With the last device in place, Benelli leave. The IEDs are set to trigger simultaneously.

Leaving, he saw a young woman near the entrance.

His eyes widened as the young woman felt weak. This hellhole was about to blow up any moment. He immediately ran to picked her up.

He was about to take the young woman when she slowly collapsed, but fortunately, Benelli caught her.

She suddenly passed out.

Benelli checked her pulse-rapid and erratic.

Benelli carried the young woman, feeling pity for her.

Benelli’s Past.

“I don’t know why, but I hate seeing women.

When I was young, I fucking hate my father. He always abused my mother. Sometimes, when he’s drunk, he did terrible things to my sister.

We were poor, and my father’s illegal activities were the only thing that fed us.

But at home, I was the one who took on the role of father. I was the one fixing the broken lights and making use of whatever others had left.

My mother’s mental state was so affected that she ended up taking her own life. With so much pain? even I can feel what it’s like to be dead.

I don’t understand why my mother met my father. If only she hadn’t, she wouldn’t have suffered. But every time I look at my sister, I see some good that came from it, only one.

I lived just to raise her.

When my father was caught, it was just us.

I made a promise to my sister, but it was too late. She died from her cancer because we couldn’t afford even candy.

If everyone who has experienced the same suffering I have were to endure it, no demon would survive in this world. I would cast them all into my own hell.”

For Benelli, all women were like his sisters. Except for Katana, “Don’t look at me with pity, Benelli. I’m a woman, but I’m just like you.”

Present Time

“Who’s that Benelli? All prostitutes brought to the police.” Aki teased with a question.

“I don’t know, maybe a spy for Pisces,” he replied.

Hiro snapped, “Do you have a conscience now?”

“Why, don’t you have one?” Benelli said.

Hiro shoved Benelli, “Are you stupid?”

“You know, it’s not about being stupid,” Benelli replied.

“We don’t even have money to come anymore and you’re bringing in dead weight!” Hiro said.

“Okay, brothers. That’s enough, that’s enough!" Aki intervened.

“Don’t you notice why you have no money? Because you’re stupid, Hiro! Do you realize how many assassins died because of your stupid plan?” Benelli yelled angrily.

“My stupid plan?” Sadness and anger filled Hiro’s eyes.

“Come on, guys, stop blaming each other,” Aki tried to stop them, but no one was listening.

“Exactly, Hiro! Stupid. Should I repeat it? They died because of your stupid plan!” Benelli was furious.

“Benelli!” Yang intervened.

“The results are out, positive for drugs,” Yang handed the paper to Benelli.

“Hiro, take a break,” Yang said. Hiro walked out.

“Is he okay?” Aki squeezed in.