Chapter 22

Taurus

Benelli watched the museum’s entrance. His eyes scanning the rooftops for any sign of movement of his target, Taurus. He had intercepted chatter about a heist planned for tonight, but he needed Katana and Aki’s expertise to help him.

Pulling out his phone, he dialed Katana’s, his voice low and urgent. “Aki, it’s Benelli. I need you and Katana at the museum. It’s Taurus in the works. I’ll hold them off as long as I can, but we need to move fast.”

Aki’s voice crackled through the phone, calm and resolute. “Understood, Benelli. What’s your move?”

“I’ll draw their attention to the front entrance.” Benelli explained, his mind thinking through the layout of the museum and potential escape routes for the thieves.

“They won’t expect an attack from the rear. Aki, you’ll take the north way. Katana, come in from the south. We’ll corner them before they can escape.”

Xiao’s

Xiao driving through the city streets.

Her phone buzzes insistently on the passenger seat. She glances at it, hesitant.

Xiao answers the call, her voice tense. “Yin, I can’t talk right now.”

“Xiao, where the fuck are you? I need to talk to you. We should have plan!”

“I fucking can’t, Yin!” Xiao said.

“Xiao, please listen to me. Your agency just called me. They said you’re heading towards something dangerous. You can’t do this alone.”

“They’ve done nothing so far. This is on me now. I can’t just sit back and do nothing!”

Yang’s

I went home and opened the door.

Yin suddenly appeared in front of the door.

“Why haven’t you come to my apartment?” he asked with concern.

“Yin...” I headed straight to my house.

“Did you know I was searching for you yesterday?” he said, frustration creeping into his tone.

“Do you realize how grave our mission is today, Yin? How many criminals are prowling our country?” I sighed wearily.

“Always, Legacy of Hun Si, your legacy! How about justice for your own friend?” he challenged, meeting my gaze.

“Yin, I understand. Rui and Xingxe are important, but do you honestly believe we can handle this alone, just the two of us?” I reasoned.

“You’re not alone, Yang.” Luhao snapped. I turned around, Mei was there too.

“Xiao rebelled, he rushed to Taiwan alone.” Yin said, I sigh.

“We can’t go at it alone, Yin. We might as well charge into battle without bullets and suicide. You know that!” I asserted.

“But you owe your life to Hun Si?” Luhao countered.

“What do you know?” I asked.

He turned on the TV. I gasped at the sight of Capricorn’s operation unfolding on screen. “Your colleague is dead—there were too many assassins; they didn’t anticipate another group joining forces.”

“Can you see? Luhao? The world is a mess! So we must finish our mission.” I said.

Mei stood up with disappointment in her face.