2 ⌋ 15 | Memories of Old

Hasina entered a strange room; white walls, almost translucent, on both sides of her that led to a long hallway. "Hello?" She called out to the top, but no response. Lifting her dress, she began to ascend the stairs when she heard someone call her name from behind. 

She paused, taking in a sharp breath before turning around. Her eyes remained closed as the person called her name again. 

"Hello, Lazuli." 

⁛⁛

"Hootash naraba oos veeslo ahm kum ra," the boy spoke clearly, "ahm kum dei."

Anck-su-namun froze as she heard someone speak her native language from behind the rocks; only a moment later did her opponent reveal the voice belonged to the spawn. "No, he can't!" She tried to reach Alex, but Johnathan grabbed a fist of her hair and threw her back to where she stood before. 

Furious, Anck-su-namun began to walk over to one of the surrounding statues, removing a pair of sais. 

"Alex, hurry!" 

⁛⁛

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Hasina didn't know whether to run back down or run the opposite way. She may be dead, but she isn't stupid; the afterlife has occupants who like to drag people to hell by mimicking loved ones.

"I've come to take you home, my child." The woman began to ascend the stairs until she was a few steps down from Hasina, "we've been waiting for you, my love." 

"Who's we?"

The woman offered her hand to Hasina but she didn't take it. Instead, she took in the woman's features: her dark blue eyes, and hair white as snow (though, she preferred her natural chestnut tone). Her skin was free of scars that Hasina often admired. Who is this person?

"Should I revert to how you remember me?" The woman put her hand down, but her smile never faltered. "I know this is overwhelming." Hasina stayed quiet. "Your death was painful, yes?" 

Hasina nodded.

"Yet you were surrounded by loved ones," the woman looked at the wall next to them where Hasina's last moments played like a film. She staggered back, falling onto the steps. "Your child looks like you but he has your father's hair. Oh, how cute is he?" 

"Why are you showing me this?" 

"I'm sad I didn't get to meet him," the woman waved her hand and the images disappeared, "but I did die years before you and Rick met." 

Hasina stood up, taking a deep breath, "how did you die?" 

The woman's smile fell, "I died the day your sister, Sapphira, was born." 

⁛⁛

The impact of Imhotep's kick sent him flying, reliving the memories of Hamunaptra. "I didn't miss this," he groaned as he dusted himself off. Suddenly, the ground began to shake again, and more cracks appeared. 

⁛⁛

"Your father fought to save me," the woman continued, "but in the end, the Lord decided that my journey reached its end." Little by little, scars appeared on her skin, "memories of my battles flashed before my eyes before naming your sister. Your father was so distraught," the woman met Hasina's eyes, "but you and your brother kept him afloat."

"We didn't have a choice," Hasina argued.

"No, of course," the woman sighed, "you were a child yourself. Ardeth, he took all of the responsibility for my funeral."