"𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓"- it was a bad time

____

His hands were wandering over her body, too hesitant to explore what lay underneath the fabrics that separated his fingers from meeting her skin. Emily drew his face closer to hers, pressing their lips together as firmly as she could. It was sloppy and emotionless— it was probably the alcohol.

She felt lightheaded and let out a deep breath once he separated their lips and lowered his mouth to her neck, kissing and sucking every inch of the skin of her soft neck that he had already caressed with his hands. He picked her up and positioned her on the edge of the sink, which wasn't particularly comfortable, but she couldn't care less— they were too intoxicated for that.

She held onto the edges of the sink and threw her head back, letting out a muffled moan amid the noise outside. He pulled his head back with a proud smile and grabbed her head, kissing her again. Emily jumped off before she could sink deeper, and without breaking the kiss or even opening her eyes, she unbuckled his belt, her fingers teasing him and running lightly on his abdomen. "Wait, Emily" he said, pulling away and keeping his hands firmly around her waist.

"What?" She sighed impatiently. He just stared at her lips with the most idiotic smile, not saying anything.

Before Emily returned to the BAU, before she even got back with Aaron, her coping mechanisms were... questionable, to say the least.

She used to drink and find herself in different places and with different people. Once she reunited with Aaron, she couldn't let herself fall in those behaviors, and whenever she tried, he would notice and talk to her. She liked the change in her coping techniques, but now that she no longer had Aaron, she needed to forget, so she went straight back to her old ways, seeking distractions in alcohol and forgettable people, she won't even bother to pause to get their name.

But even her old, unhealthy coping methods have found a way to make it challenging for her, with "success" in distraction limited to following three rules:

Rule one: no overthinking.

Emily grabbed both sides of his face, recapturing his attention from her lips. "Jackson, right?" She asked again, she wasn't sure why this man in particular had caught her attention and made her remember his name, perhaps she felt refreshed by the the fact he was lacking the British accent she heard everywhere and he looked like Aaron.

Yes— no matter how much she tried to deny it or burry it with a stranger's touch she was still there, thinking of him, dreaming of him, crying about him.

She recognized that expression, the drunk and unsure look and she had no interest in getting into any kind of relationship; or explaining that this doesn't mean anything, that this was a casual distraction, nothing more and that he should've known that already, she didn't exactly came to a club to look for anything more than a quick meaningless sex.

"Let's not make this a big deal. We're just two people having fun" she said, flashing him a reassuring smile.

"I just think-" he began, and Emily rolled her eyes. "No, no, no... you see? that's the problem" she said, her hands falling from his face to his shoulders and squeezing them

"No need to think, we're being thoughtless tonight, okay?" She emphasized, repeating the familiar phrase she used too many times.

"Okay" he seemed convinced and nodded. "Do you want to go to my place?" He offered. Emily smiled contentedly, thinking he would never ask.

Rule two- no acknowledgment

They took a cab to his apartment complex. She was quick to kiss him again the moment they left it. Jackson led them to his door and blindly opened and dragged her in. It was dark and empty, precisely how she liked it now.