So, Did You Hear About Capture The Flag??

After archery finished – we went to the stables. I was assigned to a beautiful Pegasus who was a purple-red color. Her name was Lola. I ran my hand over her neck as I led her out into the field – I saw Percy with a large sleek, jet black Pegasus. He waved to me. I blushed – I saw Cyrus look at me and then at Percy and he shouted “WATCH IT PERCE!” My face I could feel it turn beet red. I smacked his arm and he jumped while whining about me hitting him. Everyone starting mounting their Pegasus’s – so I did as well. I climbed on with ease. Percy was standing there – watching me with a surprised look on my face. I laughed and called “Hey Percy! You need help getting up?” He turned pink and quickly climbed onto his Pegasus. I knew how to ride horses which is why this wasn’t too difficult for me – I squeezed my heels into the Pegasus’s side gently. Lola shot into the sky and we started flying around. I felt my hair flowing behind me and we were flying so fast that the warm summer breeze turned slightly cold on my face. I smiled brightly – thoroughly enjoying this feeling of being airborne. “Hey!” I heard someone call. I turned and saw Percy quickly gaining on me. I smirked and whispered to Lola, telling her to go faster. So the faster we flew – the faster Percy flew. I laughed when he shouted “OKAY!!!! YOU WIN!!!!” I turned Lola around and flew to Percy. We sat on our Pegasi for about ten more minutes talking and joking. An Aphrodite girl called out that it was almost time for lunch and so we landed, bringing the Pegasi back into the stables. Percy put an arm around me “So Olly! Are you hungry?” I nodded and laughed at him. I saw Elene walk past – she didn’t see me when I waved to her though – she was laughing with Annabeth about something. I slowly lowered my hand and looked at the ground while walking – Percy still had his arm around me. I felt him squeeze my shoulders – I glanced at him sadly “What’s wrong?” His brows were furrowed in concern. “Um, Elene is a friend of mine – one of the only people that knew about my life outside of school and –ever since we got here, we haven’t really talked” I shrugged “I guess I just miss her” He frowned and stopped, walking so he was standing in front of me and hugging me tightly. I felt so safe in his arms. So, to cheer me up – Percy began telling me about how we have campfires every night and Capture the flag every Friday afternoon! I was getting really excited because he also told me that the Apollo cabin is the cabin that leads the campfire in song! He told me the cabins for the blue team - which is the team I’m on – so far were Apollo, Athena, Poseidon and Hades! Me and Elene are a really good team – so I was confident that our team would win for sure! When we got to the pavilion I saw Elene – she waved and said something to Annabeth and began making her way towards Percy and I. I smiled at her as she reached us. She immediately hugged me and said “God, I feel like I haven’t seen you for a month!” She gave me a look that said ‘we need to talk’ so I excused us and we went for a walk – I wasn’t that hungry anyways. We walked out by the volleyball courts – which were deserted at the moment. We stopped walking and sat in the grass. She looked at me and spoke for the first time since we left the pavilion “Are you okay?” I shrugged but didn’t answer – I hated seeming weak. I felt a small delicate hand on my shoulder “Olympia?” I glanced at her “I don’t know – I just feel like you’re making all these new friends here and leaving me in the dust – like last night when we found out who our godly parents were – you just left! You didn’t even look back” She looked like she was about to cry “I just feel so alone” She threw her arms around me and said “I couldn’t leave you in the dust even if I tried! Olympia – you’re my best friend and you have been one of the only people I can trust since we got here!” I blushed and looked down but hugged back. “Okay” I said “ooh! Did you hear about capture the flag?”