The Dynamic Duo

Olympia and I were standing at our marks. We were both standing there, silent. The cabin leaders decided that we should be the ones to go find the flag. So we are both here, waiting for it to start. I was fidgeting with my sword. How serious can they take this? They won't actually, try to hurt us, will they? I swallowed with difficulty due to the big lump in my throat. I was so nervous. But I have Olympia with me, and we are a great team. "They should be starting any second now." Olympia said quietly. I think we were both afraid to talk to loud. Right then, we heard a loud horn, it was so loud I'm sure that you could hear it for miles. We both took off running. We ran side by side, at the same exact pace. We followed the path that we were assigned, and we suprisingly didn't run into any trouble during the 15 minutes we were looking. We had just found a river, when I spotted the flag. "Look." I whispered, knowing that there was probably someone nearby to protect it. Olympia nodded, signaling that she saw it. We both carefully walked through the shallow river, and over to the other side. The red flag was flowing due to the slight breeze. I looked around and there was nobody standing guard. Maybe it really is this easy. Maybe we were overestimating the severity of the game. Could I just walk right up and grab the flag, making us the winner? We walked up to it, only a few feet away, when a group of about 5 people surrounded us in a second. I gasped. They all had their swords drawn. I held mine up, and Olympia pulled a knife out. We stood there staring each other down for a moment, then two of them stepped forward, one towards me and the other behind me towards Olympia. The one if front of me swung his sword out at my head, I ducked and pushed my sword towards his leg, since there was armor covering his stomach. He deflected the blow and shoved me backwards. I bumped into someone and I turned to see Olympia. "Flip me." I said. She nodded, figuring out what I meant in seconds. I swear she can read my mind, and the same for me to her. We linked arms, and she pulled me over her back, and I did a flip. I landed on my feet, and Olympia did a full turn. I started violently swinging my sword, not stopping at all. I ended up cutting the kid's leg, and she fell down to the ground. I glanced behind me to see that Olympia had just taken down the guy. Two of the 3 people left came at us, forcing us to get back to back. I was fighting a tough looking guy. He looked like he could kill a puppy. He started swinging at me, and I was forced to duck and jump. I started trying to hit him back. Our swords would clash, making a loud clanking sound. He started to slow down, barely able to defend himself from my attacks. I eventually overpowered him, and cut his arm, twice, and he fell to the ground in pain. I looked at Olympia, she was barely defending the girl's attacks. But then Olympia seemed to get an adrenaline rush, and she started moving really fast. The girl couldn't keep up with her, and Olympia swung her knife, and it cut the girl on her arm. She then tossed it down towards the girl's leg, but not aiming for it to go it, but only to scratch it deeply. The girl dropped down. Then the last person came at us. It was a tall girl, who looked very tough. I looked at Olympia and nodded. I swung at the girl, and she blocked it. Olympia then pulled another knife out and swung at her. We started going after her, nonstop. The girl was trying to stop us both, but when we both swung at the same time, she didn't know which person to stop, so she ended up with two very deep cuts. I grinned at Olympia, and I looked around to see that Chiron was standing there giving us a knowing look. Then the rest of the team, came running through the woods. Annabeth, Nico, and Percy were in the front. They stopped when they saw us, and all the people around us on the ground. Olympia and I grinned, and we both walked together over to the flag. I nodded at her, and we both grabbed it and lifted it up. I heard a deafening roar, which I figured out was our team cheering. They all lifted us up on their shoulders, and Olympia and I pumped our fist in the air, and the flag, which we both held. We were all yelling in celebration. The other team, groaning in annoyance. "We did it!" I yelled at Olympia. "Yes we did! You and I, the Dynamic Duo!"