Don't Touch Me

On our way back I didn’t say a single word to Elene. I wasn’t mad at her…I was mad at Percy – at how he let Daesie’s spell control him like that. It made me question a lot. We both walked back into the hotel and down into the basement. The moment I walked into the room I wanted to leave, but I couldn’t bring myself to actually do it. Nico smiled and waved at the two of us. I gave a quick wave back just as Percy turned. “Olly!” He exclaimed in happiness. I kept my eyes trained on the floor and bit my lip to keep from yelling at him. His tone changed into one of worry and hurt “Olly? What’s wrong?” I felt my eyes water but I blinked back the tears and turned to Elene “Are we ready to leave?” She frowned. “We haven’t decided where we should go next” I slowly nodded but fell silent again. ‘I don’t care what we do next…you and Nico decide. Just as long as we finish this quest as soon as possible’ I thought to her. It was a few seconds before she said out loud “Okay Olympia…if that’s what you’d like” She trailed off and walked over to Nico. I watched as they hugged and started talking quietly. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I shoved him off automatically. I didn’t say anything and walked to the couch and sat down. “Why are you mad? Are you mad that I didn’t wake up from the spell right away like Nico?” I said nothing and glared at the coffee table. “Because if that is the reason – well, I’m sorry but that’s really childish and immature” I shot him a glare filled with all the anger inside me. That comment really did hurt. He called me childish and immature! I shook my head and started ringing my hands. I was chewing on my lip so hard I think I could taste blood. I wasn’t mad because he didn’t wake up right away…it was the things he said to me when we were yelling at each other. It was after El had fallen asleep and Nico was curled with her. I had walked over to Percy and tried to kiss him but he had pushed me away and given me this look of disgust – one that I had never thought or wanted to see on him in my life. It hurt a lot – it had felt like he had dropped a fifty pound weight on my chest and I couldn’t get it off. Of course I knew that it was probably that the spell hadn’t completely worn off yet …but still. I had asked him what was wrong and he had spit out those dreadful words “Your horrid and dreadful – why would I kiss you? That’s right – I never would because you mean absolutely nothing to me”  I had told him that he didn’t mean that and I had tried to explain that he was still under Daesies spell but he would listen and he started to shout, so I shouted back. Those words would forever be burned into my memory. I don’t think I could ever forget them. I felt a warm, familiar hand being placed on my shoulder and shoved it away from my body “Don’t. Touch. Me.” I stood and without looking back, I walked over to Nico and El. “So, what’s the plan?” They looked at me. I could see the worry on Elene’s face but ignored it. “We’re going to take a bus to New Jersey” I nodded and walked straight past Percy and walked out, letting the door slam loudly behind me. I waited outside the front of the hotel for Nico, Percy and Elene. When they finally emerged – we all started walking without a word. Soon, we had our bus tickets and were all seated on the bus to New Jersey. Lucky me, I had to sit with Percy….notice the sarcasm there? Yeah this is not going to be fun whatsoever.