My First Kiss (Surprising Right?)

We all agreed to meet back in front of the big house in an hour. When I got to my cabin – Cyrus was sitting there, he seemed worried. When I opened the door and walked in he jumped up and hugged me. “Where have you been?” I hugged back and pulled away “I was talking to Chiron” I say carefully “He’s sending Me, Elene, Percy and Nico on a quest and I need to be ready in an hour” He nodded and dug around for about five minutes trying to find a bag for me. In the end, he pulled out a larger backpack that was all black and made of a lightweight material. “This should work just fine” He said with a satisfied smile. He handed it to me and I went to my trunk. I grabbed my iPod, two changes of clothes (Shorts and t-shirts) a hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, a pair of sunglasses and the picture Delly gave me before I left home. I went to the bathroom and changed into a pair of light blue high wasted shorts with a camp t shirt and a plaid over shirt. I pulled on my comfiest pair of shoes – a pair of tennis sneakers. As I was tying the laces I heard my brother clear his throat. I finished and looked up at him. I stood as he started talking and looking down at me – since I was so short “Olly – I have two things I want you to take on this quest – first thing is this” He held out a handful of cash – I counted almost 300 dollars. I gaped at him, I started to speak but he held up a hand and spoke again “And this” He held out his other hand and in his hand was a beautiful golden bracelet with several different charms – each charm was a different music note. He picked up my hand and let the bracelet fall into my hands. “I don’t know how useful it will be – but it’s voice activated – so only you can activate it – all you have to do is sing a B sharp! It turns on and you and whoever is touching you will be protected from harpies trying to steal your souls!” I grinned. “It’s amazing!” I hugged my big brother tightly. After we pulled away – he put the money into my hands which I slipped into my pocket and then he helped me get the bracelet tight enough around my tiny wrist so that it wouldn’t slip off. He gave me one last hug and I left the cabin. I walked by myself for about five minutes before I heard someone shouts “OLLY!” I whipped around and saw Percy jogging towards me. I waved at him and shouted for him to hurry up.  “So” He said, once he’d caught up to me. “You nervous about your first quest?” His tone was relaxed. I blushed and looked at him. “Maybe” He smiled at me and then hugged me tightly “Don’t worry – I’m not about to let anyone hurt you” I mumbled a thanks. “Olly?” I looked up at him “Yeah?” He blushed and quickly said in a jumble that I was barely able to understand. “Can I kiss you?” I must’ve looked surprised because he shied away a bit. But, I placed my hands on his shoulders and pulled him down to my level more. I looked into his sea green eyes and whispered “You don’t even have to ask” and I was kissing him. It felt good. Really, really good. His lips were warm on mine and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world – like nothing could go wrong. All too soon, he pulled away and blushed shyly at me. We started walking again. I knew my cheeks were flushed. A few seconds after we started walking, I felt his hand slip into mine. I looked up at him and blushed again. He gave me a sly grin and we walked together to where Nico and Elene were sitting on the steps at the front of the big house. We let go of each other’s hands before we reached our friends – I knew my cheeks were probably still really red because Elene gave me a wink and a smirk, which caused me to blush even more. As if we all read each other’s minds – we walked up the steps in silence and ease.