A New Friendship

I stood there in shock. Hellhound. That's what it is! "Yes I think so." I said loudly to Olympia, trying to make sure she heard me over the roaring of the hellhound. It snapped at me, since I was closest. "Don't make any sudden movements." Olympia said. I whispered, "What do we do?" She shook her head, not knowing either. I glanced around, barely moving my head. There were a few broken limbs laying right beside me on the ground. They must have fallen off the tree. The edges were pointy and uneven. I got an idea. "Olympia. Don't move. But there are sharp broken limbs right beside me. We need to get them and kill it." I said slowly. "Why do we have to kill it? I don't want to kill anything!" I tried to contain myself from jumping back when the hellhound snapped at us again. "We are technically killing it. Remember that it will apparently turn into some sort of dust, and just come back alive sooner or later." She seemed to slouch a little bit, letting out a quiet breathe in relief. "Okay. How are we going to get it? We can't just reach over there, grab it, and make our merry way over to it and stab it without it trying to eat us!" I nodded slightly in agreement. "Okay. We need to do this fast. You move over to the left, and I'll grab the sticks. I'll throw one to you as fast as I possibly can so be ready." She nodded. "On 3. 1....2....3!" She rolled over to the left, and I jumped over to the sticks, I grabbed two sticks, and I looked up. The hellhound was standing in front of Olympia, snapping and roaring at her. She stood there in shock, not moving at all. Think Elene. Think! I ran towards it, and swung the limb at the hellhound. It knocked it over a few feet. I tossed the other limb at Olympia and she caught it. We turned to the hellhound, and held up our sticks. "You okay?" I asked her. She mumbled yes. "We need to end this now." She said. I shook my head. "Go for it?" She replied, "Yeah. Be careful. Just try to go for the heart." We ran forward with our limbs ready. It jumped at me. I turned to the side, and swung the stick at it. It was pushed over to Olympia. It jumped straight at her face, so she stabbed the limb at it's chest. Hitting it straight in the chest. It slowly evaporated into a golden dust. I sighed in relief. We threw the limbs towards the forest. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah. Good teamwork by the way Elene." I smiled. Okay. I think that we need to get home as soon as possible. I'm going to tell my Dad, okay? He will believe me." She nodded. We grabbed our bags and took off running. Her house was before mine, so I waved when she jogged up her driveway. I sped up my pace, wanting to get home as soon as possible. My feet were pounding on the hard concrete, and my hair was flowing back in the wind. I wish I could run like this all the time. But this is no time to go and enjoy running. I ran up to my door and swung it open. "DAD! Where are you?" I yelled, my voice echoing throughout the house. "IN THE KITCHEN." I heard my Dad respond. I dropped my bag off and sprinted to the kitchen. I ran in to see him sitting at the table. "Woah there tiger. You're going to fall on your butt if you aren't careful!" He said jokingly. I walked over to him. "Dad. Something happened on the way home. I was walking with this girl, Olympia. And out of nowhere, a HELLHOUND attacked us!" I explained, praying that he would believe me. "Wait, are you being totally serious?" My dad said, with a blank face. I nodded. "Oh no. They've found you. Do you know where this other girl lives?" He asked me. "Right down the street, number 17." I told him. He nodded and we walked out of the house. I followed him, all the way to her house. He knocked on the door, and a woman around my Dad's age opened it. "Hi. Are you Elene?" She asked me I nodded. "Oh please come in. Olympia told me what happened. I'm Mrs. Marin, her mother." We smiled and walked in, and she shut the door behind us. It was clean, but small. There wasn't much in the room. We followed her into a kitchen. Olympia was sitting in a chair, and she smiled at me. I returned the smile. "So. I'm guessing Elene told you?" Mrs. Marin asked my Dad. "Yes. And I have a question. Do you know about the Camp?" My dad questioned her. She nodded her head. "I was thinking about it. I mean, if it attacked them out in the open, I think that it would be best if they go there." She said. Olympia looked at me and said, "You want to come to my room while they figure things out?" I shook my head, and followed her down a short hall into a room. It was a bunk bed, and there were toys sitting on the bottom bed. But the rest of it was clean. There were no posters on the wall, or any decoration. Only a desk with a lamp, a door which I guess is the closet, and a dresser. And then I looked in the corner of the room, and there was a carboard dollhouse, and a little girl playing in it. She looked to be 4 or 5. " Who's this?" I asked. Olympia looked at the girl. "That is Delilah. My sister. She's 5. We share a room." She said. Delilah smiled at me, and went back to playing. I gave her a small smile and stood there akwardly. "I know it's small. Sorry. You can have a seat at the desk if you would like." I walked over to the chair and sat down. "It's cute. I like it actually." She smiled. "Thanks. Yeah. I'm used to it I guess." We sat there for a moment. "So. Do you just live with your mom and sister?" I asked her. She shook her head no. "I live with my grandma too, because she can't take care of herself anymore. But I end up taking care of her mostly, because my mom is always working, trying to provide for us. So I always have to look after my grandma and Delilah. I never get to leave the house because I'm so busy. So that's pretty much why I don't have any close friends." She explained to me. "Well, in a way, having to act like an adult to help your family seems to have helped you. You aren't like most other kids. You are mature and brave. That's better than being childish and only caring about popularity." I said, trying to cheer her up. "That means a lot. Thanks Elene." She said, giving me a sincere smile. I gave her a big smile. This may be the beginning of a new friendship.