Suiting Up

I was so excited! Today was the day of the capture the flag game! I was so sure my team would win because we had Cyrus, Elene, Nico, Percy, Annabeth and I! Plus – these people – our friends and family had never seen Elene and I battle as partners together. I felt like whenever I would work in some type of way with her – it was like she could read my mind! It was strange but also comforting. I knew what Elene meant when she said that this place was like a fairy-tale come to life – I loved Greek Mythology, I loved everything about it! I had always dreamed of living in that time period when these things existed and now I was. Everyone was gathered in the dining pavilion to get ready. Elene and I were helping each other with our armor. Our team was the blue team. I couldn’t get the one strap on my back. I was reaching for it but my arms were definitely not that long. I felt a pair of warm hands gently move my hand away and did the strap up for me. I turned and saw Percy smirking at me. Nico was standing just behind him. “Hey Perce” I smiled “Thanks – by the way” He smiled brightly at me. “No problem Olly!” I turned back to Elene, I saw that Nico was already over there and helping her do up the straps on the back of the armor. Man, that kid was so quiet when he moved! She was blushing but had a huge smile on her face. Percy and I moved so we were sitting on the large stone table where our weapons lay. I grabbed my quiver and slung it across my back and stuck my bow into it as well. Percy watched me, his eyes roaming over me as I did this – but hey, I didn’t mind! I grabbed my belt that had the knives hung all around it, I did it up and made sure that if I was running it wouldn’t end up sliding down around my legs and causing me to trip. Percy came over to me and put his hands on the belt and tightening it for me even though I had shown no sign of needing help. I flushed. I looked up at him and saw he was watching me with a small smile on his face, he looked me in the eyes when I lifted my face – he started leaning in and so did I – Of course Chiron had to go and ruin the moment by blowing the horn that signaled for us campers to head to entrance of the forest. I groaned in my head and Percy blushed bright red and stumbled over to where Nico was standing. Elene had made her way across the short distance and was now standing in front of me “I saw that” She smirked at me and crossed her arms over her chest “You were about to kiss!” She giggled quietly “I knew he likes you!” I blushed bright red and mumbled “Shut up!” She looked at me and we both grinned at each other. We joked and laughed and ran over the plan quietly with each other as we walked to the forests entrance. When we reached the forest – we went and stood with our team as Chiron explained the rules. He looked at Elene and I – giving us a ‘show them what your made of’ look, he winked at us and was giving us a 20 minute warning so our teams could hide the flag and get into our places. He whistled and we all took off me and Elene running side by side – somehow we could never seem to run faster or slower than the other – we always ended up beside each other – even at track meets back at school. That thought made me wonder what people back at home thought about where we disappeared too. I shook that out of my head and continued running. When Elene and I reached our marked spot we both skidded to a stop and talked quietly to each other.