A little bit of fright

After that thing disintegrated – Elene looked like she might cry! I immediately thrust my bow into the quiver on my back and pulled her into a comforting hug. I heard mumbling “I actually thought I might die. Or that you might have!” I shook my head and chuckled quietly. “You know I wouldn’t let that happen! And besides – we’re badass!” We stood there for about twenty minutes. I ended up putting my hair in a loose, messy bun and washing my face, Elene did the same. She turned to me and asked in a way that made her sound like a high school girl with a new piece of gossip “So – are you and Percy, you know – together?” She raised her eyebrows and smirked at me. I felt the heat rise to my cheek as she did so. “Uh, uh I think so?” She giggled. “But, uh Nico – he looks like he might want to talk to you alone” I winked at her playfully, trying to change the subject. A loud rapping came from the doorway. I looked at Elene, utterly confused and walked over to it. I heard the boys talking quietly to each other. I rolled my eyes and pulled open the door. “Are you girls okay?” Was the first thing either of them said as soon as they saw us? I nodded and Elene said in a monotone “Only a monster attack – we handled it!” The boys looked stunned and Percy looked at me with a frown “You should have told us that’s why you left for the bathroom so quickly.” I shrugged “I knew I could handle it Percy – if it was this huge monster that I didn’t know how to kill – I would have gotten your help!” I glared at the floor. I can take care of myself – I mean, I know that I look really tiny and really dainty – but I’m not and Percy should know that by now! I mean come on! I have always been a person that could not only take care of herself but other people at the same time – I plan on it staying that way – I’ve always been strong. I stepped out into the narrow corridor and Elene followed.

(Authors note here guys – so this chapter is a little – no really short. I just don’t have any creative juices flowing today so the next time we update, I’ll make sure my chapter is a little longer! Make sure to check out our other stories as well! – Ocean)