Part 27

The insistent beep of alarm clock was a rude awakening, but the warmth radiating from the body curled around Y/N was the real reason her eyes fluttered open. Nagi's arms were wrapped securely around her waist, his head nestled in her neck, and the weight of his body pressed against hers in a comforting, sleepy embrace.

She reached out a hand, her fingers brushing against his soft, white hair, and gently tried to ease his arms away. With a sigh, Nagi shifted his grip, giving her just enough space to reach over and silence the beeping.

'I should change the alarm sound... What was I thinking when I put it on?'

As her head sank back onto the pillow, a wave of drowsiness threatened to pull her back into sleep. But the moment her eyes closed, a low groan rumbled from beside her. Nagi stirred, his head turning towards her, and he snuggled closer, seeking more warmth and comfort.

"Nagi, my mom will be here soon," Y/N whispered, her voice thick with sleep. A muffled sound of protest came from him, "Can't you ask your mom to stay a little bit longer?" His voice was a lazy whisper. Y/N smiled, knowing she couldn't resist his sleepy charms for much longer. Still, she had to remind him, "I promised Shizuko that I'd bid her goodbye before she flies to Switzerland."

Nagi sighed, though it didn't seem like he paid much attention to what she was saying due to sleepiness, but his grip remained tight. "...2 minutes?"
"...Fine. 2 minutes." She rolled her eyes and returned his embrace.
"Yay"

With a sigh, Y/N reluctantly pulled herself away from Nagi's embrace. "I have to go," she whispered, her voice laced with disappointment. "My mom just sent me a message that she's nearby." Nagi groaned lazily, but he made no effort to stop her. "Okayyy...." he mumbled, his voice still thick with sleep.

Y/N slowly got out of bed and started brushing her hair while her eyes remained on her phone screen, as she was waiting for her mom's next message.

Nagi silently watched her through his bangs. "Hey Y/N?"
"Hm?"
"That.. Shizuko friend of yours.. is she Japanese? Cause she doesn't sound like one."
"Ah, yeah. She's Swiss you see, but she moved to Japan because of her parents and because I'm here in Japan."
He furrowed his brows as he lift his head from the pillow. "Swiss? What does that mean?"
"...That's how people who were born in Switzerland are called." She sighed, "But honestly, not really surprised to hear you asking me that."
"Meh, geography is hella boring." He shrugged with his shoulders before sitting up.
She chuckled. "Can't argue with that one."

She quickly grabbed her phone and charger from the bedside table and made her way to the door. As she stepped out of Nagi's room, she was met with an unexpected silence.

The house was eerily quiet. Curiosity getting the better of her, she called out, "Nagi, do your parents always go to work early?" Nagi's voice drifted lazily from his room. "Yeah," he replied. "They leave for work before the sun's even up. But I don't mind. It's nice and quiet." Y/N nodded in understanding with hum and walked over to the exit door.

"Okay then." She twitched the door handle. "Ah, right. I forgot. Could you open the door please?"
"Oh yeah, sorry."

Nagi lazily rolled out of bed, the morning light filtering through the curtains and casting a gentle glow across the messy room. With a yawn that could rival a lion’s, he reluctantly shuffled over to the door, fumbling with the keys in his hand until the lock clicked open, granting Y/N a way out.

The wind from the open door made Nagi close his eyes as if savouring the cool air. 'Hmmm... Wow, the wind is so nice today..'

Just as Y/N was about to step out, her silhouette framed by the door, Nagi found himself stepping forward.
"Hold on," he uttered, his voice raspy with sleep. "Can I tag along?"