Part 30

The usual school day buzzed to a close, leaving Nagi, Reo, and Y/N standing in the fading sunlight. The trio lively chatted while making their way to the school gates.

"So Shizuko texted you yesterday?"
"Yeah! She said that she likes her new school so far. She has no complains, I'm so glad for her."
"Ah, I see. Is she gonna stay in Switzerland temporarily or what?"
Y/N sadly smiled. "Permanently, actually. That's what makes me so sad. But I hope that she will come over in summer holidays!"
"Awh, I hope so too. She means a lot to you after all." Reo pinched her cheek affectionately.
"Owh!"
He blinked. "What? Does it hurt a lot?"
"Well, you did pinched my cheek pretty harshly."
"Wait really-"
Nagi walked over to Y/N and gently pat her pinched cheek. "Seriously Reo, why would you do that?"
"Oh come on! I didn't mean to." Reo held the urge to groan.

Reo's sleek limousine pulled up, a familiar symbol of his wealth, and he, with a charming smile, insisted on driving the couple home. "Anyway. Come on you guys, it's getting late, let me take you both home," he offered, his eyes flitting between Nagi and Y/N.
But Y/N politely declined. "I'll walk home today, thanks." Nagi, with a gentle gaze, added, "I'll walk with her." Y/N felt a blush warm her cheeks at his words. Reo grimaced, a touch of annoyance flickering across his face at the blossoming romance he was witnessing. 'Oh god...'

"Alright, bye." He grumbled and disappeared into the luxury of his car. As Reo sped away, Nagi and Y/N began their walk, a comfortable silence punctuated by hushed words, each enjoying the simple comfort of each other's presence.

Just as they left the area, Rin walked out of the building and made his way to the gates. As he was looking around to find Sae, he froze for a second as he noticed Y/N. '..Hm?'

He watched Y/N with narrowed eyes. 'Since when she started hanging out with that guy? He was in the football team right?'

Sae, who quietly appeared beside him, raised a skeptical eyebrow. "So, you got a crush on the girl you're staring at? Are you bisexual?" he asked, his voice laced with slight amusement.
Rin flinched, a sudden wave of defensiveness washing over him. "No I am not! She's just a friend from elementary school." he barked, his tone sharper than usual.
He eyed him up and down. "Okay then. Let's get going. You don't wanna make our parents mad."
"Yeah yeah."

The evening air was cool, tinged with the faint scent of blooming jasmine, as Y/N and Nagi walked in comfortable silence. The rhythmic click of Nagi's sneakers against the pavement punctuated the quiet stroll.
Nagi, with his usual relaxed posture, walked a step ahead, occasionally glancing back at Y/N. They hadn't spoken much since leaving school, content to simply enjoy the quiet companionship. "You know," Nagi finally said, his voice low and smooth, "I'm starting a new online game this weekend. It's a strategy RPG, you know the type where you have to build a whole kingdom." He paused, looking at Y/N expectantly. "You should join me sometime," he added, "we could even team up."
Y/N chuckled, "Don't you think I'll be a bother? My strategy is pretty much 'charge head first and hope for the best.'"
Nagi's grin widened, "Nah, I'm sure you'd be fine. We'll just have to strategize together. It'll be like a real-life, virtual world campaign." For a moment, they were silent again, savoring the warmth of their shared understanding.

"By the way!" Y/N chirped, "Lately I have been wondering what you think about Shizuko."
He got silent for a second. "The Switzerland girl?"
"...Who else am I talking about."
Nagi looked up at the sky in thought. "Hmm..."

The past images of Shizuko furiously threatening Nagi in the airport flashed through his mind. Sheesh, he doesn't want to remember that.

"She's... very protective. Which is nice...?" He muttered with 'x' mouth. 'It's even pretty scary..'
Y/N, unaware of what he went through that day, laughed. "Oh yeah, she definitely is! But that's how she shows affection towards her friends."
"...Uh huh."