Part 26

The glow of the television screen faded as Y/N stretched, her eyes heavy with exhaustion after three hours of intense gaming with Nagi.

"I think I'm going to call it a night," she yawned, pushing herself off the couch. Nagi, still draped over the armrest with a controller in hand, lazily responded, "Oh, okay then. I'm gonna keep playing. You can sleep on my bed if you want," his voice muffled by a pillow.

Y/N blushed, surprised by the offer, but the exhaustion was undeniable. "Thanks," she mumbled, "good night." and thanked him once more before closing the door behind her.
Nagi's eyes lingered on the door as soon as it was shut. "Good night Y/N."

As Y/N was making her way to his room, she let her eyes wander to the pictures that were hanged on the walls.

One particular photo catched her eye. In the photo, Nagi's mom covered Nagi's body with snow and she was making a thumbs up pose with small smile, meanwhile Nagi wore his signature 'x' mouth.

 In the photo, Nagi's mom covered Nagi's body with snow and she was making a thumbs up pose with small smile, meanwhile Nagi wore his signature 'x' mouth

Y/N lightly chuckled. "Aww, this picture is so cute."

As she entered the room, she was caught off guard to find it surprisingly tidy, despite Nagi's laid-back demeanor.

'Hmm, so he's actually not lazy to clean his room? That's shocking.'

She slowly sank into his bed, closing her eyes as the day's events played like a movie in her mind.

'So many things happened in one day.... The festival, Shizuko's confession and... I'm literally on Nagi's bed right now. Damn. That's crazy.'

However, despite her exhaustion, she found herself unable to drift off.
Just as she was starting to get frustrated, she heard the door creak open once more, and Nagi slipped inside, his movements quiet as he made his way to the bed.

Assuming she was asleep, Nagi decided to lie down right beside her, his body relaxed as he turned to face her.

Surprisingly, a soft chuckle escaped his lips as he whispered, "Y/N, are you asleep?"

Y/N froze, her heart thrumming against her ribs as he continued, his voice barely above a murmur, "Then, I can safely confess... I love you. I didn't realize how much I liked you until you started hanging out with me more y'know. At first, when we first met, I saw you as my tutor and nothing else. The tutor who helps me to raise my grades and stuff. Then later on, it slowly became fun to me whenever you were with me. When I told Reo about how I felt somehow weird around you, he told me that I have a crush on you... I never had this feeling. But I will admit that you're funny and smart and beautiful and..." His voice trailed off, and Y/N held her breath, her cheeks burning like fire.

She couldn't move, couldn't even breathe properly, her mind was a mess as she silently clutched the pillow to calm down.

"...you're so kind too. You let me live my lazy life, give me company when I want it and leave me alone when I want to be on my own. I can't imagine myself without you..." his cheeks tinted with shade of strawberries as he sheepishly scratched the back of his neck, "And uh, remember when I punched that one guy in the cafe? I still hate him. I would have punched him harder but I didn't wanted to deal with workers anger, such a hassle."