~ Chapter 46 ~

Code Blue is backkk

Also!!! I created a playlist for Code Blue!!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3tYtAX7juiw2SMPNFwF3TB?si=82d5bf9e882942b6

There is a slight TW on this chapter regarding pregnancy termination

Chapter 46
Saturday November 4th
Mallory's POV

"I feel like it's been ages since we've seen you"

"It hasn't been that long, has it?" I asked genuinely, excited to throw my arms around my best friend's neck. My face nuzzled into her strawberry colored curly hair as I took in the embrace. We were standing outside the restaurant in the slightly chilly weather. Since I was working night shift tonight, I made sure to catch up on much needed sleep the entire day until now, and decided to meet my friends for dinner before my shift.

"Well I mean only for a little bit on Halloween" Veronica giggled, the two of us letting go from one another. After I followed Harry and Stevie around the event at the hospital, I stopped by their apartment so I didn't completely ditch my friends and ruin our tradition. After everything they do for me, it would've been shitty for me to do that, so even though I was exhausted I managed to stay awake for one movie and some snacks.

"I don't get a hug?" Eli complained, standing there with his arms outstretched beside him. I laughed and gave him a hug so he wasn't left out, and then he pulled the door open to let the two of us in first.

"Table for 3 please" Veronica smiled at the hostess.

"Okay, follow me" The young teenager smiled and took us to a table, 3 menus in hand. "Your server will be right with you"

We all thanked her and slid into the booth, and I couldn't wait to eat something. I had some breakfast and then crashed, so I woke up with an appetite and who knew what this night shift was going to lead to. It could either be very quiet with not a lot of troubles, or the hospital could be crammed with patients and understaffed. It was always a gamble.

Our server came over quickly and took our drink orders, which was waters all around, none of us felt like drinking alcohol tonight. I couldn't anyways, because I was on my way to work, and I avoid it as much as I can. Eli ordered an appetizer, which was common for him to do when we go out to eat, and then we were left alone again. Veronica put her menu down, knowing already what she wanted, and looked at me.

"How is Otis doing?" She asked.

"Good" I smiled. "He had surgery on Tuesday which went well. So far his stats are right where they should be, we got very lucky"

"I'm so glad to hear that, I was really worried" Veronica frowned sadly.

"How's Noah doing?" Eli asked. Noah and Eli don't talk all that much due to Noah living somewhere else, but when Noah is in town, the two of them are best friends. They'll go out to a sports game together while V, Caroline, and I would watch Leo or have a girl's night. Or they'll play video games, or have a drink together. I think Noah enjoys spending time with Eli because it makes him feel like a kid again. For a few days he gets to experience the childhood he never had because he was too busy raising me.

"He's handling it" I bit my bottom lip. "You know he's worried about Caroline, and the baby, and then he has Leo all the time. You know he's a worrier, but he's still taking care of it all. Like he always does"

"Would he be up for visitors?" Veronica perked up. I knew she wanted to see Leo, mostly. She loved my nephew to pieces, almost as much as I do, and they're even considered Auntie V and uncle Eli.