~ Chapter 44 ~

Chapter 44
Tuesday October 31st
Mallory's POV

"Halloween is a busy day here at this hospital"

Chief West stood in front of us interns, a group of attendings by her side. Among the frontlines was Dr. Evans, Boden, Machado, Campbell, and Harry who had his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face. He unsurprisingly looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here, looking bored as could be as Chief West began to speak. It was likely they do this speech every year and he was tired of it, but that could be the case for a lot of things here.

"Why?" An intern who I've only said a few words to before asked in the crowd.

Harry rolled his eyes before they stopped and landed on me. Under his gaze, I shifted my bag onto my other shoulder. We didn't even have time to stop by the locker room to put our stuff down before the attendings were leading us to the conference room.

The conference room that Harry and I were occupying last night.

When Harry locked eyes with me, unknown to anybody else in the room, I felt knots in my stomach. Maybe it was the walls of the room we were contained in that felt suffocating to me, knowing that we partook in some dirty activities just hours ago and now we were in here in a crowded room. He knew that I was watching him, and he lingered his eyes onto the table in the center of the room.

I gulped, the words that my bosses were saying were going in one ear and out the other. All that I could focus on was what my boss was saying last night. Memories of Harry asking me if I was going to be a good girl, or calling me dirty, flooded my brain in the worst way possible, making me shift uncomfortably on my feet. A smirk grew on his face at the slight reaction he evoked from me, smug that he managed to get inside my head.

I forced my eyes off of him and away from the table, making myself focus on Chief West. When her eyes scanned the room and landed on mine for a slight second, it was like she was burning holes in them. It was unlikely, but I just felt that everybody around me knew what happened last night.

How my legs were spread out. How Harry was stood between them. How his head was smushed between my thighs. How he gagged me with my own panties.

But nobody knew.

It was our little secret.

"Thank you guys for listening. Attending's are free to choose interns as they please today, but interns; step in wherever you're needed please. We're a team, okay?" Chief West finished her little ramble, which I managed to miss 90% of. My brain was still focused on other things.

"Do we seriously have to pick?" Harry groaned.

"They're here to help Dr. Styles" Chief West gave him a pointed look, it was too early to be putting up with his attitude she was likely thinking. Ironic, because I think that every single day that I'm here.

"It is more work to put up with them" Harry rolled his eyes, but Chief West shrugged him off and decided to leave the room. Harry scoffed, but the other attendings were already making picks at who they wanted to work with today.

"Dr. Monroe" Somebody called my name, but it wasn't Harry. I looked in the direction of their face and saw Dr. Evans looking at me. I didn't know if it was better or worse for me to work with Harry today, but I knew that working trauma on this holiday was going to be busy. Or at least, that's what I think the speech was about? "You up for trauma today?"

I looked past him, Harry was a few feet behind him, shaking his head at me. I panicked, knowing that I needed to answer Dr. Evans before he thought I was crazy, but also Harry had me in some sort of frozen state. It was obvious Harry wanted me to say no, but I stuttered out. "Y-yes!"