chapter ten

" Okay, Liam, I'm coming home from work. How have the kids been holding up? Is the house clean so we can have Louis, Paige, and Ben over?" I say walking out of my office building with my phone pressed to my ear. It was Saturday and Louis, Paige, and Ben wanted to come over for dinner. I love when they're over, but this is the first time in a long time where we have been together with Liam. I haven't talked to Ben since last weekend and I feel like such a dick because of that.

" The kids are doing great. I put that one minions movie on and they both fell asleep during it. I had to clean certain things because of the kids, but nothing too big. I set up the table and now all that needs to be done is you to cook." Liam says. I unlock my car and get in. I put the keys in the ignition and drove away.

" You really had to wait till I got home so I can make the dinner. Couldn't you have made it?" I say.

" You know I can't cook for shit." Liam says.

" Fine, whatever. Can you get the ingredients so when I get home I can start right away?" I say.

" It's already out waiting for you." Liam says. I roll my eyes.

" Alright, I'm almost home. See you when I get there." I say.

" Okay. I love you." Liam says. I swallow the salvia in my mouth nervously.

" Yeah, same. Bye." I quickly hang up so Liam didn't have to talk to me anymore. I shake my head. I feel so awful. I pull into the neighborhood and drive toward the house. I park in the driveway. I stop the car and get out. I quickly walk inside the house. I walk in the front door and slip my heels off. I place my purse on the coat rack and walk more into the house. I look downstairs to see Liam watching tv with Luke and Kaylee asleep next to him.

" Liam, can you please help me make dinner?" I ask. Liam looks up the steps at me and smiles.

" Sure thing Mill." Liam says. He stands up and walks upstairs to the kitchen with me. I look at everything that was set up. Looks like, garlic chicken with mac and cheese for Luke and Kaylee. I look at the clock on the stove.

" Right now its 5:40. The three of them should be here around 6:30. Louis and Paige like being an hour early so they should show up around now. Liam, wake up the kids." I say.

" But I thought you wanted me to help?" Liam asks.

" You're helping me by waking the kids up. Now do what I say." I say. Liam nods his head and walks down the stairs. I turn the stove on and unwrapped the chicken. I place a pan ontop of the stove. I throw the spices onto the pan and threw the chicken onto the spices. Now, I just have to have it cook.

" Hi mommy!" Luke exclaims. I turn around to find Kaylee on Luke's back with Liam behind them coming up the stairs. Luke runs up to me.

" Hi babies. How was your guys day?" I say.

" It was good mommy!" Luke says.

" Yeah! We eat food with daddy and played lots!" Kaylee says. I look at Liam.

" Where did you guys go?" I ask.

" I brought them to a quick pizza joint. The place was okay." Liam says.

" Mummy, when food ready?" Kaylee asks.

" The food should be ready soon. But, Uncle Louis, Aunt Paige, and baby Emma are coming over soon. Why not you wait for them and play for a little bit?" I say. Luke and Kaylee nod their heads and run off to the front room. Liam looks at me.

" So I finally get to meet baby Emma. Who does she look more like?" Liam says.

" You have to find out yourself." I say smirking. Liam walks up to me and slips his arms around my waist. He smiles down at me.