chapter forty-eight

Today was Rachel's and Niall's wedding day. It felt weird to see her grow up because I still see her as my annoying little half sister. Right now, we were getting ready for the ceremony.

" Millie, can you help me zipper up?" Rachel asks. I walk over to Rachel and zipper her dress. She turns around and I could feel tears in my eyes. She gives me an annoyed look.

" Millie, please don't cry." Rachel says. I fan at my eyes.

" I'm sorry, but you're so pretty. Dad isn't here to cry over you, so someone has to." I say. Rachel lets out a sigh. I wipe a few stray tears and walk over to Rachel. I place my hand on her shoulder.

" What's wrong, Rach?" I ask.

" I just, I wish dad was here. He was at both yours and Logan's wedding." Rachel says. I rub her shoulders in comfort.

" Hey, he might not be here physically, but he's here in spirit." I say.

" Yeah, I guess you're right." Rachel says. I place a kiss on her forehead.

" Now stop thinking so negatively. You're getting married to your middle school sweetheart. He's just out there waiting for you." I say. That statement immediately brightens up Rachel.

" I can't believe I'm getting married today." Rachel says. Logan walks into the room and smiles at us.

" Look at my baby sisters. So cute." Logan says. I roll my eyes.

" Is it time for us to go out?" I ask.

" Yep." Logan says. I look at Rachel.

" You'll do great Rach. I'm proud of you." I say. Rachel nods her head. I walk out of the bridesmaid room. I walk over to Jason, who was the flower girl because he wanted to be, and make him look at me.

" Hi mama!" Jason says. I smile.

" Hello Jay. Are you ready?" I say. Jason nods his head. I kiss his forehead because if I were to kiss the top of his head I would ruin his hair and he didn't want that. I was told that Liam worked too hard on Jason's hair for it to get ruined, so I'm not allowed to kiss the top of Jason's head.

" Make sure you drop the flower petals and then once you think you dropped enough petals, you run to mommy." I say.

" Yeah mama." Jason says.

" Okay. Be good." I say. Jason nods his head. I walk over to Niall's older brother, Greg. He looks at me and smiles. I smile back. He holds his arm out and I slip my arm through his so our arms are linked together.

" It's weird seeing your baby siblings get married, don't you think?" Greg asks.

" I agree, but they have to grow up sometime." I say. We walk down the aisle and go to our separate sides. I see Liam, Luke, and Kaylee sitting next to Madi and Bella. I wave my hand a little and they wave back.

Eventually Jason comes down the aisle throwing flower petals. Everyone awed at him. Jason looks at me and giggles. He runs to me and wraps his arms around my legs. Then Jason noticed Matt standing by Greg and ran to Matt. Then Rachel walked down the aisle with Logan. I can see everyone's mouths drop at her. Rachel lets out a little smile. Niall has a little smirk on his face. Rachel goes to Niall and they connect hands. I look at Liam and gives a thumbs up. He lets out a silent giggle.

The ceremony eventually passed and we were on our way to the reception. I had to sit with Rachel and her two bridesmaids, but I would spend most of my time with my family. Rachel, Niall, and their bridesmaids and groomsmen sit at a long table where everyone else are at tables that are round. One of Niall's groomsmen stars clinking his cup and everyone looked at him.