chapter thirty-five

Today was the day Liam was going to go home. He was going to get all his casts off and then we were allowed to bring him home. Let's just say Luke, Kaylee, and even Jason were excited for Liam to come home.

" Mommy, is daddy coming now?" Luke asks. Luke, Kaylee, Jason, and I were waiting in the waiting room. Luke and Kaylee were on opposite sides of me and Jason was sitting on my lap.

" Hold on Lukey. Just a little longer." I say.

" Mummy, I can't wait any longer. I want daddy to be done." Kaylee says.

" I hear you peanut, but daddy had a lot of casts on. It will take some time to get them all off of daddy." I say.

" I want them to go faster." Kaylee says.

" I'm with you, but they have to take their time." I say. All of a sudden, I started feeling cramps in my lower stomach. I clutch my stomach with my open hand that wasn't holding Jason. Luke looks at me with worried eyes.

" Are you okay mommy?" Luke asks.

" I'm fine munchkin. I'm just hungry." I say. And with that, Liam walks into the waiting room. He smiles once he sees us. He walks up to us.

" Daddy!" Luke and Kaylee exclaim. They jump off their chairs and hug Liam. Liam laughs and places his hands on their back. He looks at me with a worried expression.

" Are you okay Millie?" Liam asks.

" I'm fine. Are you allowed to leave?" I say. Liam nods his head.

" Alright kiddos, lets go home." Liam says. I stand up with Jason in my arms when I felt a sharp pain go through my lower stomach. I bent forward hoping the pain will go away.

" Millie, are you sure you're okay? We're in a hospital, we can check on baby." Liam says.

" No, I'm okay, Li. Here, just take Jay." I say handing Jason to Liam.

" What about the baby?" Liam asks.

" It's fine. Let's go home." I say.

" Mill, I just want to-"

" I said it's fine. I want to go home now." I cut Liam off. Liam nods his head. He looks at Luke and Kaylee.

" Alright let's go home." Liam says. He starts to walk out of the waiting room with Luke and Kaylee following him. I slowly follow them out of the hospital. Liam stops once outside of hospital.

" Where'd you park babe?" Liam asks.

" Over here." I say. I lead them to the car. I unlock the car and Luke and Kaylee started to get in the car. Liam looks at me.

" I don't think I should drive because I can already tell I'll feel weird driving with my leg." Liam says.

" I was going to drive anyway." I say. Liam nods his head. He places Jason in the car as I get in the car. Liam settles Jason in his car seat and then walks over to the passenger seat. He gets in the car as I start the car. I pull out of the parking spot and started to drive home.

Once home, I parked the car in the driveway. I stopped the car and we all got out. I had to sit in the car for one more minute because my lower stomach was hurting so bad. Liam walked on the other side of the car where I am with Jason in his arms.

" Babe, are you sure you're okay?" Liam says.

" Yes. The baby is just making me cramp up." I say.

" Here, let's get you out of the car." Liam says. He switches Jason to one arm and helps me out of the car with the other arm. We slowly, but surely made it into the house. I slip my shoes off and Luke and Kaylee ran up to us.