chapter thirty-seven

" Hi mummy!"

Kaylee runs to me and throws her arms around my legs because I was sitting in a chair waiting for Kaylee to finish with her dance class for tonight.

" Hello peanut. How is your recital dance going so far?" I say.

" It's going good!" Kaylee says.

" Okay. Get your shoes and coat on and we will get going." I say.

" Okay!" Kaylee says and plops down right in front of me. She starts taking her shoes off. Louis walks up to us.

" Hi Louis. How has Kaylee been in class?" I say.

" She's doing great especially at her level. Which reminds me, you should let her join the team next year. She would rock the competition stage." Louis says.

" I know I should let her do it, but this young? I don't know Louis." I say.

" Oh, come on Millie! You've been dancing competing since you were young too! That's the only reason why we're such good friends!" Louis says.

" Okay fine. You have a good point. I'll think about it, alright?" I say noticing Kaylee had her shoes and coat on.

" Good. You have until August." Louis says.

" I know, I know." I say standing up.

" Uncle Louis, do you think my mummy could show me her dancing?" Kaylee asks Louis.

" That's a good idea! Ask your mummy because I wouldn't be able to answer that." Louis says. Kaylee turns to me.

" Mummy, Uncle Louis want me to watch you dance. Can we?" Kaylee asks.

" I don't know peanut, I haven't danced in years." I say. Kaylee starts give me pleading eyes.

" Just show her the recital videos." Louis says.

" Okay, fine. We can watch me when we get home." I say. Kaylee squeals and wraps her arms around my legs.

" Thanks mummy!" Kaylee says.

" Alright, let's get going. Bye Louis." I say.

" Bye Uncle Louis!" Kaylee says.

" Bye guys." Louis says. I grab Kaylee's hand and we walk out of the dance studio. We walk across the parking lot and to my car. Kaylee and I get in the car and I start the car up. I pull out of the parking lot and start driving home.

" Mummy, I cannot wait to see you dance." Kaylee says.

" Are you now?" I ask.

" Yes I am." Kaylee says.

" Well, you get to also see Uncle Louis and Aunt Paige dance too." I say.

" I do mummy?" Kaylee asks.

" Yep. I used to dance with Uncle Louis and Aunt Paige, that's why I'm such good friends with those two." I say.

" Wow. Are you, Uncle Louis, and Aunt Paige good at dancing?" Kaylee asks.

" Well, I thought I was a good dancer. Aunt Paige was always being praised by all the teachers. And if Uncle Louis is still teaching dance, then he must be good." I say.

" Uncle Louis should be famous." Kaylee says.

" I agree with you on that one, Kay." I say. I pull into our driveway to our house. I stop the car and we both get out of the car. We walk into the house and slip our shoes and coats off. I look down at Kaylee.

" Hey, grab Luke, Jason, and daddy and bring them downstairs." I say.

" Okay mummy!" Kaylee says. She runs downstairs. I walk upstairs and to my room. I look through my drawers until I found my old dance recitals on DVD's.