chapter twelve

" Mommy, where are we going?" Luke asks from the back of the car. Liam was driving, I was in the passenger seat, and Kaylee and Luke were sitting behind us in their car seats.

" Luke, I've already told you that we are going to Grandma's house." I say.

" But why?" Luke asks.

" Because it's Thanksgiving. We eat and spend time with our family." I say.

" I don't understand American holidays. Why do you guys celebrate Thanksgiving? It's just you eating food." Liam says.

" We celebrate because thats what we do. And don't complain because you get lots of food on this holiday." I say.

" Food!" Kaylee exclaims from her carseat.

" Do we get to see Uncle Logan?" Luke asks.

" Yes. And Aunt Madi will be there with baby Bella." I say.

" Baby Bella!" Kaylee exclaims.

" And Aunt Rachel?" Luke asks.

" Yes Aunt Rachel will be there too. I think Uncle Niall will be there too." I say.

" Aunty Rachel and Uncle Ni!" Kaylee exclaims.

" Alright, calm down Kaylee." Liam says.

" Sorry daddy." Kaylee says.

" Mommy, can I watch-"

" Lukey, we here!" Kaylee cuts Luke off. Liam pulls into the driveway. He parks the car. I unbuckle my seatbelt and look at Luke.

" What were you going to say munchkin?" I ask.

" I want to watch the original Digimon, like you said." Luke says.

" Oh, I'm pretty sure Uncle Logan still has the orginal series in his room. You can ask him if you can watch it." I say.

" I watch too!" Kaylee says.

" No. Digimon for Lukey only!" Luke says.

" Hey, that's not what a Digi Destin would say. Say you're sorry." I say. Luke looks at Kaylee.

" Sorry Kaylee." Luke says. Liam looks at me weird.

" Don't look at me like that, I had my nerd phase." I say. Liam shakes his head.

" Alright kiddos, lets get inside." Liam says. Luke unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out. Liam and I get out. Liam walks to Kaylee's door and helps her out. We all walk to the front door. I let Luke ring the doorbell. I hear shuffling behind the door and then the door swings open.

" Amelia! I'm so glad you can make it!" Mother says. I smile.

" Hello mother." I say. I nudge the kids." Say hello to Grandma."

" Hi Grandma." Luke says.

" Hi Grandma!" Kaylee says. She smiles at the both of them. She looks back up and sees Liam. Her faces drops.

" Hello, Liam. It's been a while since I've seen you. You look dashing as always." Mother says.

" Thank you Mrs. Espinosa. It's always nice to see you. You look beautiful as always." Liam says. Mother blushes.

" Now if you don't mind, we would like to come in." I say. Mother steps aside so we can step in. We walk in and I help Luke take his coat off as Liam helps Kaylee take her coat off. Luke turns to me.

" Where's Aunt Rachel?" Luke asks.

" Are those my favorite niece and nephew?" Rachel says coming down the stairs with Niall trailing behind her.