chapter seventeen

" Luke and Kaylee, come get your shoes and coats on! I'm gonna leave without you if you aren't down here now!" I call slipping a random pair of old UGG boots I had from when I was younger. They're basically falling apart but I don't care. Feet run towards the front door. Luke and Kaylee show me Patamon and Gatomon.

" Mommy, can we bring Patamon and Gatomon to the store?" Luke asks.

" I think its best if they stay here." I say grabbing their shoes and handing their shoes to them.

" Why mummy?" Kaylee whines. Luke takes his shoes and slips them on. He walks to the front room and places Patamon on the couch. He walks back to us and slips on his coat.

" Because I told you you can't bring them with," I say slipping on a random north face jacket I had," Now, slip on your shoes and coats." Kaylee starts stomping her feet.

" But mummy I wanna bring her! She needs to be with me!" Kaylee screams. I roll my eyes, being tired of her acting up like this. Ever since Liam left us again, I've notice Kaylee throws lots of temper tantrums. I'm tired of her acting like this, and I don't know how to control it, which is probably really bad.

" Do you want people to know you're a Digi Destin? Your secret would be out and that's not good." I say.

" She needs me!" Kaylee screams. Luke makes her look at him and he starts whispering in her ear. She nods her head and hands Gatomon over to Luke. Luke walks to the front room and places Gatomon next to Patamon. Kaylee slips on her shoes and coat and looks at me. Luke walks back to us.

" We are ready mommy." Luke says.

" Alright. Let's head out." I say grabbing my purse off the coat rack. I open the door and Luke and Kaylee walk out of the door into the cold February weather. I lock the door and close the door behind me. I found Luke and Kaylee dancing in the falling snow in the front yard.

" Luke and Kaylee, get to the car before you get sick." I say. They look at me and then run towards the car. I unlock the car as I walk to it. I walk to the drivers side and open the door. I slide into the car and close the door. I turn the car on and right away the heat blasts out of the vents. I turn it down a bit and put my seatbelt on. I look back at Luke and Kaylee.

" Do you both have your seatbelts on?" I ask. They both nod their heads. I put the car into reverse and backed out of the driveway. Once I got the car onto the street, I put the car into drive and drove out of the neighborhood.

" Mummy, when can we know about baby being boy or girl?" Kaylee asks.

" 3 more months, peanut." I respond changing into a different lane.

" How far is your tummy now?" Luke asks.

" It's still not very far. I'm only 3 months." I say taking a right at a stop light.

" How much longer till we see the baby in your tummy?" Luke asks.

" 6 more months. Still a long time to go, but I promise these months will go fast. That's what happened with you both." I say.

" Why so long? Why can't baby come already?" Kaylee asks.

" Because just like you, its growing, but it starts growing in my stomach. We would want a real baby and not just a bunch of cells." I say.

" What are cells mommy?" Luke asks.

" I'm not good at explaining it munchkin. That's a question for your teacher when you go back to school." I say. Luke nods his head. I pull into Walmart's parking lot. I find a parking spot and park the car. I take the keys out and unbuckle my seatbelt. I look at Luke and Kaylee still sitting in the back.