chapter forty-four

" Mommy, where are you going?" Luke asks. I was slipping on a random pair of shoes.

" I'm going to meet up with Aunt Rachel and Uncle Logan to talk about some things." I say slipping on one of Liam's sweatshirts.

" Are you going to her house?" Luke asks.

" Well, it's Uncle Niall's house, but yes." I say.

" Do you think Matt is going to be there?" Luke asks.

" Probably, but it's best if you stay here. Daddy will get sad without you here." I say. Luke looks down at his feet.

" Okay mommy." Luke says. I kiss the top of his head.

" Don't worry, Lukey. I'll be home soon." I say. Luke nods his head. Ever since my ugly step monster called Luke a bastard, Luke has been very clingy to either me or Liam. He gets worried if we are ever gone from his sight.

" Luke, come here baby!" Liam calls from downstairs. Luke looks up at me. I kiss his forehead.

" I'll be okay munchkin. Go by daddy." I say. Luke nods his head. He walks downstairs. I let out a sigh. I grab the car keys and I walk out of the house. I walk to the car and get in. I start the car and pull out of the driveway. I start driving to Niall's house.

I eventually get to his house. I pull into the side of street and stop the car. I get out of the car and walk to the front door. I ring the doorbell and I hear shuffling come from behind the door. The door swings open and Niall stands there smiling at me.

" Hi Millie!" Niall exclaims.

" Hello Niall. Where's Rachel?" I say.

" She's changing Matt right now. Come on in." Niall says opening the door wider for me to come in. I walk inside and slip my shoes off. I look around his place and it was a lot about family.

" Nice place you have here." I say.

" It's technically my mum's, but thank you anyway." Niall says. I hear feet come down the stairs. Matt shows up with Rachel trailing behind him.

" Mill!" Matt exclaims. He runs to me and I pick him up and place him on my hip.

" Hi Matt! How are you?" I say.

" Matt good." Matt says. I kiss his cheek. He lets out a little giggle. I look at Rachel.

" So, when is Logan getting here?" I ask.

" He should be here soon." Rachel says.

" So how was mother's reaction to you leaving the house?" I ask.

" Well, she came home while I was packing up some of my things and she asked what I was doing. I told her-"

" Please tell me you didn't tell her what I told you on the phone." I cut Rachel off.

" Of course I didn't. I wouldn't throw you under the bus like that. I explained to her that Niall wanted us to move in with him and she just shook her head and walked out mumbling some things under her breath." Rachel says.

" I hate her so much." I say shaking my head.

" Mill, play?" Matt asks from my arms.

" Not right now, buddy. Maybe later." I say. Matt nods his head. The front door opens and Logan walks in.

" Lo-Lo!" Matt exclaims. He reaches his hands out for Logan and Logan immediately grabs him and places him on his hip.

" Hiya Matty H! How are you?" Logan says.

" Matt good." Matt says.

" That's good to hear." Logan says. He looks at me and Rachel." So, why are we here now?"