chapter thirty-four

It's been 3 weeks since Liam has been in the hospital. And everything has been stressing me out.

And it doesn't help that Luke is turning 8 today either.

" Mommy! It's my birthday!" Luke squeals as he runs down the stairs. I look at him and smile. Jason starts squealing in his swing.

" I know. How old are you now?" I say trying to joke with him.

" I'm eight mommy!" Luke says holding up eight of his fingers.

" You're that old? Last time I checked you were three." I say. Luke runs to me and stands next to me.

" Nope! I'm 8!" Luke says. I kiss his cheek. He pulls himself onto my lap.

" So, what do you want to do for your birthday?" I ask. Luke looks down at his hands.

" You wouldn't like what I want." Luke says. I make him look at me.

" Why wouldn't I? Today is your special day, you get to do whatever you want. I promise I would love what you have to say." I say.

" Okay. Mommy, I want to see daddy." Luke says. I look at him with soft eyes. I can't tell him I don't want him to see him because I just told him he could do whatever he wanted. I let out a sigh. Luke frowns.

" I knew you wouldn't like it." Luke says crossing his arms.

" Of course I like it. You know what, I like that plan, Lukey. Let's go see daddy." I say. Luke brightens up.

" Really mommy?" Luke asks.

" Sure. Why not?" I say. Luke jumps off my lap.

" Thank you mommy! You're the greatest mommy ever!" Luke says. I smile.

" Alright. Let's calm down. Go get your sister so we can get dressed and go on our way." I say. Luke nods his head and runs out of the room. I look at Jason in his swing.

" You gotta love your older brother J.J." I say. Jason giggles. I smile. I stand up and pick Jason up. His brown eyes were sparkling.

I walk upstairs and to Luke's and Jason's room. I found Luke and Kaylee talking on Luke's bed. I walk over to the bed and place Jason on the bed. Kaylee immediately brings Jason to her lap.

" Alright, what does the birthday boy want to wear today?" I ask.

" Can I choose today mommy?" Luke asks.

" Sure, go a head." I say. Luke jumps off his bed and runs to his dressers. I walk over to Jason's dressers and grab a random onesie of Jason's. I walk back to the bed and slip Jason into the onesie. I hand Jason back to Kaylee.

" Mommy, I'm done!" Luke exclaims. I look at his outfit and he did good with himself.

" Good job Lukey. You're becoming a big boy." I say.

" I am a big boy." Luke says. I nod my head. I look at Kaylee.

" Alright, peanut, let's go get you dressed." I say. Kaylee stands up and walks out of the room. Luke follows her and then I walk out of the room. We walk to Kaylee's room and Luke went straight to sit on Kaylee's bed.

" Now Kaylee, what do you want to wear today?" I ask.

" I want to wear my leggings." Kaylee says. I smile heading for her leggings.

" I swear ever since we got you a pair of leggings, you're addicted to them. Well, then I guess you were me when I was in high school." I say picking up her leggings. I walk over to her and hand her leggings to her.