chapter one

I woke up to my annoying alarm clock blaring in my ear. I let out a small groan and turned it off. I sat there for a while in the dark of my room just enjoying the sleep I had.

Might as well get up now.

I rise from my bed and rubbed my eyes. I let out a little screech as I stretched my body. I walked over to my closet and grabbed some work clothes I could throw on.

I throw them on and walked to my bathroom. I looked myself in the mirror and damn, did I need some fixing. I grabbed my brush and brushed through my knotted hair.

After my hair was knot-free, I applied some eyeliner on my eyes to brighten my eyes a little. I put my makeup in a hidden place knowing my youngest daughter will look for it and play with it.

I walk out of my bathroom and room and walked down the hall to my oldest son, Luke, who is 6 gonna turn 7 in December, room. I open his door to find him sprawled across his twin-sized bed with his two favorite stuffed animals, Bobby and Elvis. I walk over to his bed.

" Lukey, it's time to get up. Time to go to school." I whisper loud enough for him to hear. He stirred a little bit and let out a little moan.

" Come on. What do you want for breakfast?" I say.

" Pancakes." Luke mumbles.

" Alright, I'll start on it. But I expect you downstairs soon." I say.

" Okay mommy." Luke mumbles. I walk out of his room and down the hall to my youngest daughter, Kaylee who is 4 turning 5 in a couple days, room. I walk in and I found her sheets on the floor and she was laid out like a starfish with her baby blanket in her hand. I shake my head and pick the sheets up off the ground. I place her sheets back on her bed.

" Kaylee, time to get up. We have to get Luke ready for school." I say. Kaylee slowly flutters her eyes open. She smiles once she sees me.

" Really?" She asks.

" Yes. You can help me get his breakfast ready and we can get you something before preschool." I say. Kaylee sits up and I help her down from her bed. She connects our hands together and we walk out of her room.

Kaylee is the only morning person in this family. I actually have no clue where she gets it from. It probably will always be a mystery to us.

We walk downstairs and to the kitchen. I walk Kaylee to her booster seat and help her sit on it. I walk over to the freezer and grab the microwavable pancakes. I pull them out and place the set of three on a paper plate. I put the plate in the microwave and start the timer. I look at Kaylee.

" Peanut, what do you want for breakfast?" I ask. She shows her thinking face.

" I want waffles." She finally says. I nod my head. I walk back to the freezer and grab the toaster waffles. I place them in the toaster and bring the handle down. I turn back around to find Luke sitting on his chair almost falling back asleep.

The microwave beeped indicating Luke's pancakes were ready. I took the plate out and placed the paper plate in front of Luke. I go and grab the syrup and place that in front of him. He was still sleeping. I brush my hands through his dark brown hair.

" Munchkin, you gotta wake up. Your pancakes are ready." I say.

" I don't want to." Luke mumbles.

" But you go to school!" Kaylee says.

" I don't wanna go." Luke mumbles. Kaylee's waffles pop up and I quickly grab them and place them on a plate. I hand her her waffles and she cheered and started to eat them. I sit next to Luke.